Chapter 108 - Another Three

'Status'

[Name: Ikarus | Species: Phoenix | Level: 199]

[Health 40,000*/40,000*]

[Stamina 16,402*/20,000*]

[Magicka 29,245*/40,000*]

[You currently have 24500 unassigned points]

'Aesa... you have any advice on what I should do?'

During the flight back over to capital, then back to the islands, us three are on Ariza's back right now and I'm currently pondering what to do. Sure, I know me being indecisive on this is probably starting to become boring but it's a serious decision! It's not like I'm starting to get bored of it too.

I guess I could ask Petra who I'm currently cuddling up to right now for some advice but I kinda feel like Aesa might be able to help more this time around though, I can see it turning into a tease and I'd rather just enjoy this right now. Of course, there's no funny business going on other than the hug, that would be weird to do something like that on someone's back.

[<Aesa already knows what -user- will do just from past experience alone. -User- will inevitably invest some points in some stats, then buy ability -sacrificial lamb- 3 times with leftover points>]

'You really can be rude at time... I guess you're right though, that does seem like something I'd do'

I feel like she's becoming more and more snappy recently, maybe being cooped up inside my head has that effect at times I suppose. No point asking her about it though, already know how that conversation would go so I'll just try and deal with her moodiness, she'll probably cheer up soon anyways.

'Okay then Aesa, invest four thousand in both health and magicka please'

[<Confirmed, stats have now been adjusted and doubled accordingly>]

'And now for the confirmation status check'

[Name: Ikarus | Species: Phoenix | Level: 199]

[Health 48,000*/48,000*]

[Stamina 16,400*/20,000*]

[Magicka 37,249*/48,000*]

[You currently have 16500 unassigned points]

'And now we're ready to go. Aesa, first purchase please'

[<Does -user- wish to purchase ability -sacrificial lamb-?>]

'Yes, I 'confirm' it... this copy and paste confirmation thing is getting boring now'

[<Just to clarify, -user- is just as snarky to Aesa as well... confirmed, ability -meteor shower- has been unlocked>]

Clearly Aesa took offence from the way I sarcastically thought the word confirm but let's just move on otherwise an argument is bound to happen between us. This type of thing does happen time to time, that's just our odd voice inside head relationship I guess.

'I like the sound of that, you know the specifics on what it does?'

[<*Sigh*, Aesa would like to point out -user- has been getting too lucky recently. Like previous purchases, ability -meteor shower- is another top tier one>]

'Oh come on! You can't seriously be grumpy that I've unlocked something good, we're in this together, right?'

She actually sounds like she wants me to get something bad! That literally goes against common reasoning, anything good I get just increases her survivability as well.

[<Aesa is concerned because luck cannot remain at this level indefinitely and consistent good luck must at some point lead to bad...>]

Oh, it's just a deep worry she has for us both, I definitely agree with that logic since my luck for the most part has been really good recently... if you exclude what literally just happened with the lying dryad but that wasn't really bad luck since it's ended with more level ups. Is luck something that's guaranteed to turn terrible though? Regardless, I do now share her worries.