Chapter 85 - Accident

"Begin"

"Okay dokey"

Me and Petra are at a secluded spot just outside the capital to do some training, it's a nice little enclosed area surrounded by trees that is close by to where I occasionally fly tip dumping all my storage waste. Yeah, I know it's pretty bad but when I was drinking heavily, that many glass bottles is not something I can realistically dump in the capital, mostly because of embarrassment.

I did use to be a hoarder after all and stuff like glass bottles don't grow on trees, I have stopped my hoarding tendencies now, still make sure to keep some spare in case we ever come across another fountain potion dungeon but luckily the actual search has no finished, we'll probably come across another one someday though.

As for why we're training, we have some time to kill and this seemed like a good idea to do something like this again, it also delays any potential shopping trip for the upcoming party. I should just get it over and done with but I'm going to put it off as much as I possibly can, can always use the excuse for training since a fight against the royals is fast approaching.

Onto the training anyways, my vampiric dagger has just found its way colliding into Petra's sword, she blocked my downwards attack and I've now jumped backwards looking for another way to strike, her defence is impenetrable after all.

"Ikarus, try using asp-"

"NO! Stop trying to get me to seriously hurt you, this is more than enough!"

I already knew what she was going to suggest, she does help me train every now and then and recently she's been suggesting I use aspect of gigantomachy on her. I don't care if she'll survive because her health is high enough and resistances, that will still pack a huge punch and definitely cause pain even if her tolerance to pain is also high

Anyways, I shake off her suggestion on continue onwards, I charge at her again and this time swing lower aiming for one of her legs, she instantly senses this and swings her sword crashing into my dagger. Fortunately, I keep the weapon in my hands despite the rattling pain and try for something else next.

"Heh, good, won't be long before I'll start to fight back"

"Hopefully"

The praise must've been because I normally would've dropped my weapon there, that has happened a few times doing this before. Keep in mind, she still doesn't fight back while sparring as well, that's just how much of a gap there is between us so just her defending is more than enough. Someday, I will be able to properly train with her, I'm hoping I'll be able to at the very least.

Next attack, I lunge towards her using a stabbing motion and unlike with the last two, she dodges to the side giving me a slight chance to try something else out, I may be able to get close to a hit here, this will be the last attack for today since we've been doing this long enough now.

Just as I was about to go in for one last attack, I turn myself and my foot finds itself twisting something hard, a small rock but it stubbing my toes causes me to lose my balance falling over in a certain direction.

"Ouch!... Erm..."

Damn it, damn it, damn it! You know that stupid cliché where someone falls over and accidently ends up in a comprising position? Well... Petra was in my way stopping my fall and I may now be on top of her, that's not even the worst part! The position I'm in, my head is just above her stomach and arm landed on something very soft and squishy, I think she tried to help break my fall moving her sword out of the way but clearly it backfired causing her to fall as well. Why the hell did I tense up and grab it as well!?!

"... Sorry Petra"

"Heh... you can let go if you want unless this was something you planned all along? Very sly Ikarus, very sly indeed"