Chapter 43 - Phoenix

---Skip this bit if you want, thought it would be funny to do a stupid recap---

Previously on REAPH, bird hatches, bird gains system, bird learns to swear and fly, bird starts hunting, bird get's captured, bird witnesses dragons vs city, bird watches peace treaty, bird gets bullied, bird learns magic and sword, bird gets cursed, bird drinks booze, bird starts party, bird completes dungeon, bird hates sharing, bird gets drunk, bird completes dungeon, bird kills dragon, bird meets potential love interest, bird kills bandit camp, bird drinks potions, bird goes home, bird completes dungeon, bird realizes bird is stupid, bird hates empire, bird completes dungeon...

---I've definitely missed out some parts but you get the gist of it---

__________

"Petra, you... are you a phoenix as well?"

[<-User- has unlocked new sub system ability>]

The second I ask that; system has to get involved.

'Damn it, I know exactly what you're doing right now'

She couldn't have picked a worse time; I know very well she's purposely announced that right as I'm about to get an answer.

[<-User- should think about target -Petra's- confidentiality>]

'But... yeah, you're right'

"Sorry Ikarus, I'm unsure what you meant"

Petra quickly responds to my question; she definitely heard me but is playing dumb to the answer. Thankfully, my other party members didn't hear me question her, they are still looking around this cave but it still looks like there's nothing to loot other than the gold ore that would need mining in this place.

It probably is a good thing they didn't hear me; it's clear Petra wouldn't want this type of thing known by the empire if it's true since she seems to hold a lot of dislike towards them. Thinking about it, I now share a large part of her dislike also. The other party members still haven't heard us just yet so I start speaking quieter.

"I know you heard me Petra, I need answers"

"Ikarus... this might not be the time"

She responds with a smile as well and she's not even denying it, it's clear this is something confidential so I'm taking this a different direction now. She's already told me about everything else, I'm not resting till I know the truth on this though.

"Then once we get back to the town, we'll find a private place to talk"

"It still might not be the best idea for you to know just yet"

"No, you don't get to decide what's best for me, you're telling me the second we get the chance"

She seemed a little down from my response but I'm more than justified, I'm purposely being stubborn on this. If she's held the fact that she's also a phoenix, I want to know the second we're alone. I don't care if it's for my betterment, I'm knowing.

(Charlotte) "Are you two alright?"

(Nathan) "Yeah"

Both the other two-party members join us, I was clearly right about there not being any loot around here. We both just ignore them though; our conversation is more important right now.

"If you really need to know, then it would be better to show you rather than speak about it"

Wait, I thought this is confidential, is she going to show me her phoenix form right now? I doubt it, I don't think that's what she meant though.

"Can't you just tell me when we're alone?"

"Sorry Ikarus, I can't. There are some people you should meet if you feel like you can handle some more secrets, we'll have to head close to the brown forest though"