Chapter 34 - Home Sweet Cave

"...So, then that's pretty much everything"

At the moment, me, Minos and my party members are all sitting in the nest, both my parents are laying on the cave floor next to us listening to everything that's happened since I left the cave.

Mother looks excited hearing everything I've gone through but father looks slightly concerned over something I might have said earlier. Minos is just in his own little world cuddling up to my fluffy body right now, think he might be half asleep as well now.

<That was such an interesting story Ikarus!>

<Little one... that dragon you killed, were you drinking just before it happened?>

He's actually doubting me and saying I was drunk? That little comment he just made has pissed me off, why is that so unbelievable?

"I literally have two witnesses here father that can back me up, we all played some part in the battle that happened in the sky"

"It did happen Mr dragon, the Lord himself helped us with such a task"

"Y-Yeah although I didn't do much"

"You still provided some help Nat"

Father still hasn't said anything about succubus-sama, can he really not tell her species? He did say mother's nose is better than his but I thought he would've picked it up by now, maybe his senses are fading seeing that he's basically the same age as a dinosaur. He's not but I like it, I might start calling him a dinosaur, it's surprisingly fitting.

<I still can't believe you killed a dragon. Do you have anything to actually prove you did such a task?>

Why is he so sceptical about this? I do have something but it might prove a little sus. They shouldn't think into it too much hopefully.

"Here"

I get out the large cut of dragon tail I have stored in my ring and drop it in the nest, this should be enough to prove it.

<Wow, you actually... no, it's actually her!?... I really need to leave quickly>

I get slightly fearful when father telepathically said that, he looks like he's trying to hold something in, I can't tell if he's really angry or not though. Both my party members look confused but mother seems to know the reason.

"Why does he look like that? Did we kill someone he knows?"

<Just wait a second Ikarus, you'll understand then>

Waiting a minute for father to fly out of the cave, fly far away from the entrance and even further basically becoming a small dot off in the distance, a great amount of noise follows him up.

"PHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Off in the far distance of the mountain range, a black poisonous cloud surrounds the laughing dragon. The force of his laughter was so strong, even the cave from way over here shook a tiny bit, he really couldn't control himself.

"Why is he laughing?"

<Just wait Ikarus>

Doing as I'm told, I wait for him to fly back and enter the cave again, he takes a seat back on the ground and then explains his reasoning.

<I'm sorry but I had to do that. To think a couple of humans and my own daughter could cause the death of that grumpy bitch, it truly is a day worth living. I've got to calm myself otherwise I'll laugh again>

<You already know what will happen if you laugh inside Dermak>

<Don't worry dear, I've gotten most of it out now. I'm good>