Chapter 38 - Haunted

"Urgh... bloody disgusting. I hate potions"

"Your magic still won't be full so be remember to be careful Ikarus"

"Petra-sama is right"

(Nathan) "Yeah"

I've never really understood why Petra has taken it on herself to protect me as well, she has no responsibility to do so yet almost seems to be taking charge of operation protect Ikarus, I guess she is a hell of lot more intelligent than the rest of us. I'm not complaining about it though, I'd honestly rather it be her than the other two.

Once we're all ready, we all head into the next room, level thirty-four and find ourselves with the previous red button on a pedestal layout, only this time the floor looks to be made out of something similar to concrete.

"I can feel magic residue this time, it might be different now"

"Yes Petra-sama, I feel it also"

Like last time, me and the knight don't know what they're talking on about. I'm asking about it now though.

"What the hell are you two on about?"

(Petra) "Just making an observation Ikarus, it might mean that the enemy in question might be slightly different and magical in nature this time"

"It's the feel of magic Ikarus-sama, my Lord can also feel it"

I really have no idea what those two can feel but whatever it is, let's just get on with it.

"We ready?"

"Okay Ikarus-sama"

(Nathan) "Yeah"

"..."

We all get our weapons prepared for the upcoming wave of enemies from this level.

I walk up to the pedestal and press the button with my party just behind me. Once it's pressed, the shaking from the previous levels don't return but very quickly, something else happens.

The walls have started to glow with a gloopy substance and from that substance, ghostly humanoid figures start appearing out of the walls very slowly.

"The hell are they?"

(Charlotte) "Are they spectral beings? Me and the Lord have never encountered such a foe"

(Nathan) "Are they see-through?"

Us three have never seen an enemy like this so Petra quickly takes control of the situation, she seems to have experience with these creatures.

"These creatures are ghosts; physical attacks don't work on them so it's magic only. Priestess, your summoned sword should work since it's not considered a physical item. Knight, you are unfortunately useless here so stick behind one of us and Ikarus, be careful"

"Okay Petra-sama"

(Nathan) "Sure"

"Yeah yeah"

Magic only huh, it's a very good thing I took that potion then, I should have enough magic to last this fight, it's roughly around sixty percent full right now I believe.

Just before all the ghostly figures have entered through the walls, Petra needs to say something else quickly.

"Actually knight, stay by priestess's side. If she uses her light magic on your blade, it might confuse the physical only barrier and it could be able to cause damage, don't bet your life on it though"

(Nathan) "Okay Petra"

"Nat, I'll put magic on your sword now"

Just as they finish speaking and the priestess puts some magic on his sword, all the transparent figures start approaching us from all sides in the room.