Chapter 171 - Guardians

(Ikarus) "What the hell are they!? Seriously, those things are freaky as hell, like they belong in some eldritchian horror or something"

(Petra) "Heh, not sure what you mean by that Ikarus, but they do look like a summoning gone wrong"

(Geld) "My master did say there might be creatures of the damned, presume these are the things then?"

(Ariza) "Poor souls, do you think they hurt like that?"

(Nathan) "Maybe Ariza, but they don't look friendly"

(Charlotte) "Nat is right Ariza-sama, they look really angry"

(Zeki) "Whatever they are, they look like prime material for stabbing"

Having just travelled for a good hour or so across this new Tartarus island we've come across, ahead of us lies several blackened humanoid ape looking creatures, with outstretched limbs making them look like creatures from nightmare.

Joining alongside them are those black hellhounds we've come across before but all of us are clearly focusing on the creatures with no name. Presumably, they're undead but what undead has the colouring of pure obsidian, are partially ape, partially human and stands but has arms longer than legs? I think the term abominations works the best.

"You lot are right. Whatever these abominations are, think they're about to attack us"

One of the few from the group notices us trespassers while priestess is strangely the one to step up first, not particularly sure why but maybe she's come across these hell spawn before? Or they appeal to her inner heathen hatred then?

"Summon"

She's raises her sword and the rest of us ready our weapons towards the foes as well.

Splitting slightly up, the group of enemies wildly charges towards us screaming and hissing madly in the process rapidly closing the distance.

The abomination closest to me runs on all fours and then opens its mouth to try and go in for a bite. It's takes me back a little, mainly because the bite missed by so far. These creatures might be partially blind or was trying something else...

'Eh? The fuck even are these things? That's disgusting!'

You ever seen that black alien creatures named zeno somethings? Yeah, it's mouth opens up a different mouth presenting a set of human teeth almost like a set of dentures. And that tries to snap at me.

I quickly go to slash towards it but it awkwardly runs back tactically retreating, this place really is pretty weird with creatures like this lurking around.

The hellhounds who went for the arguably weaker members of our party have already been dealt with but the three monsters still remain standing, quick as a whip dodging and screaming at any chance to be slashed upon.

Except, there was four of those abominations but that one just so happens to have lost its head from a flying sword, as if any speed can outrun Petra's wrath.

'Huh, Petra really likes that sword art of hers. I kinda miss watching her majestically fight up close now'

Despite sending the undead to the Underwor- my pun doesn't really work here; Petra doesn't bat an eyelid completely engrossed with the other enemies ahead of us trying to cut down another. Should probably take these creatures as seriously as the rest of my party but can't exactly say I don't like an increased risk.

Anyways, while they're being distracted by the hovering blade desperately trying to avoid it, the rest of us seize this opportunity. The excessive screaming coming from the monsters is pretty unsettling though.