Chapter 175 - Rehearsal

Two weeks later...

"...So, to repeat again, this is how it'll go. The guests will be in the hall first and once filled, we'll be onto who walks down first. I'll handle the ordering of things but it depends on if you want your father alongside you or not Ikarus, it doesn't matter if you don't but we can decide that in a minute"

"Then, I'm supposed to read this Ariza-sama? I've never done anything like a wedding before so I hope it'll be okay"

"Yes Charlotte, that'll also then lead onto the vows if they want to do any"

'Vows? That's going to be a problem, it's guaranteed mine will come out cringey'

"Heh, I've got something that could work. Ikarus, you still listening or are you daydreaming?"

"I'm listening... despite me wanting to shoot myself right now"

Currently sitting down at the only church we have in town, Ariza is giving me and Petra the quick rundown to how our wedding is going to go and boy, I really regret falling in love now. This bird brain of mine couldn't give a tiny rats arse about any of this.

It's safe to say after we announced we'd finally be going through with this marriage thing, the last two weeks have been hell, mostly because people are treating this like if we don't do it now, it'll never happen. I guess we do only have three months before the demon lord killing spree will happen, just being stuck listening to how perfect the wedding needs to be is surprisingly maddening. This isn't being an ex-male problem; Ariza is mad about planning weddings!

By the sounds of it, she is traditional as hell when it comes to marriage and looks like we're stuck in whatever it is she's now planning. Sure, we did say she can handle everything because both me and Petra really aren't suitable for this sort of thing, I know for a fact Petra couldn't care about this but is putting on an act for Ariza's sake. Seriously though, even she is starting to get exhausted with all this mundane crap like picking out colour schemes and seating arrangements.

"Ariza, I think you're great and all, but must you torment me to this torture? It's a freaking wedding! We both walk down the aisle separately, then do the ring and kissing thing, have the party thing after and hump like rabbits. Do we really need all this preparation?"

"Heh, I'm not a huge fan of you describing it like that Ikarus, but even I'm starting to grow a little tiresome"

'I knew I was right about Petra getting bored!'

"But it is necessary! Don't you two want this day to be perfect with no accidents, mistakes or problems? It doesn't help we've now got to plan around the entire island celebrating as well"

It's safe to say Ariza has gotten caught up in a little of that wedding fever and so has the entire settlement I guess, there's posters all around the place being a constant reminder of the fanatics that seems to worship us. Thankfully, it's not going to be like an actual royal wedding simply because the only church around here is way too small, but the streets will end up being filled making getting here a pain in the arse.

I feel like Ariza's hinting at me screwing this up though, at least with the mistakes comment. Hey, my ol'stupidity does like to return at the best of times but still!

"You worrying I might fall over or do something stupid Ariza, like using the wrong name when saying I do? At least give me some credit, I can force myself to be cool"

"Heh, don't you be getting any ideas Ikarus. If you use the wrong name, we're going to have serious problems"

"Oh really? So, if I were to call you Petah or something, yo-"