Chapter 131 - Clinginess

"So Petra... what do you fancy doing today then?"

On one of our rare days off from politics or anything transport related, we've just finished off a quick breakfast and now have the terrifying decision of what to do today. Indecision still effects this orange bird at times it seems.

"If it's okay with you Ikarus, I'd like to spend some alone time with Mute today. Things have been busy and I'm yet to have a proper conversation with her"

Oh yeah, Petra still hasn't spent some alone time with Mute yet. I guess that's technically incorrect since they did fight together against the monastery invasion for a little while but it wasn't like they even learnt anything about each other.

It makes sense since Mute has been sticking around the settlement almost like a town mascot or something now, you'd think the dragon would've gotten bored by all the attention but it seems like she kinda enjoys it? Of course, there's still a few people who keep their distance but the kids especially seem to love having a dragon around.

"Of course that's fine, you're not forgetting she can't actually communicate though Petra?"

"Heh, already asked Marcus for a large amount of paper and going to plan to take it outside to see if she can write..."

The thing is, I'm pretty sure Mute is unable to switch into a human form so that's what Petra means by taking the papers outside. It's a damn shame both of them have experienced such pain in their lives but it's got to be good for them both to spend some alone time together, right? Just for the common ground more than anything else.

"...We'll probably be split most of the day though Ikarus, will you be okay with us being apart?"

Wait, is Petra teasing because she seems deadly serious? It's not like I'm going to die being apart for a day.

"Hey! Just because I'm clingy doesn't make me a child or an addict, it's not like I have a Petra addiction or something. I can stop anytime I like"

Weird way of explaining my point but my weirdness always seems to be a charm for some reason.

"Heh, it's always things like that I like best about you Ikarus... Being serious though, we can always meet up for lunch or dinner if all day is too long?"

Oh come on! She's going to make me pout in a minute, it's not like there's going to be another fleet of pirates to nuke, is there? Well great, incoming red flag...

"No Petra, spend the day with your sister, I'll find something to do... even though I'm not sure exactly what"

As much as I love being clingy, there does have to be days we're not together unfortunately since something like this could be good for Petra... hang on, was that Petra being slightly clingy there?

"Heh, you still haven't sorted your storage out yet, have you? There's a start"

"Ah right, I keep purposely forgetting to do that"

I still haven't deposited our haul from the monastery yet, keep meaning to but been busy and it could take a little while meaning it's a boring mundane task. Mostly because I emptied my inventory out beforehand in preparation but that turned out to be pointless so now I've got to put loads more stuff back inside too. Might as well get on with it then, fucking inventory management...

"Heh, you're already leaving Ikarus? Not forgetting something important or anything like that?"

Just as I'm leaving, it looks like I've nearly made Petra pout... ah shit, how could I forget such an important thing? We've obviously got to have a goodbye kiss!