Chapter 37 - Undead

(Nathan) "How many levels have we gone through now?"

(Petra) "That should be thirty-two"

"Petra-sama is correct"

I'm purposely remaining silent right now since if I speak, it'll only be moaning.

Yeah, I know, it's sucks that I've skipped so many dungeon levels in the blink of an eye but I'm more than justified. Like so much in this world, everything is overpowered or underpowered, it really needs a God to start patching things up and release a hotfix balancing everything.

I really did have to skip ahead though; it's been so freaking easy and boring. There's only been two things that have changed since we entered.

The first is that the enemies get slightly faster and maybe a little bit more intelligent per level, the intelligence point is up for debate though. I say that because these creatures are so stupid, even trying to make them more perceptive or intelligent is pointless, adding a single point of intelligence to stupid still doesn't fix the stupid in someone or something.

I could probably deal with all of these myself using my pinky finger, I wish I was exaggerating, that's the issue right now. Mind-numbing boringly easy, at least it should get a little harder eventually but this isn't giving me good signs right now.

The second thing that has changed is that skeletons have started showing up, roughly around the sixteenth room. They are just as weak, brittle and dumb as the zombies, only difference is that they can't be stabbed, they must be whacked, beaten or smashed. One hit still takes everything down though.

The last floor in particular only consisted of skeletons, all four of us are currently standing over a large pile of bones that we have all just created.

(Petra) "Ikarus, you don't have to look so unhappy about this, relaxing fights don't always come around that often"

"Eh, I guess you're right, I just get restless if I don't have something to keep me constantly entertained"

That honestly makes me sound like a child, I think I might be improving though, I haven't been complaining out loud for the last thirty-one floors, just been keeping it trapped within my stupid bird brain, or human brain at the moment.

It's time to stop moaning internally and continue on now. At the very least, I can figure out where I need to improve and better myself, I don't know if that means I'm able to though.

(Petra) "I have some shiny keys that you can distract yourself with if that might help"

She is just taking the piss; I'm not responding to that tease despite it being pretty funny. I'm ignoring her stupid smile as well.

(Nathan) "Shall we continue on then?"

"I'm ready Nat"

(Petra) "Ready as well knight"

(Ikarus) "Yeah yeah"

Before we actually leave though, we all take a look into the next room and all us get slightly surprised from the next level. The look of the room is the same but unlike the other thirty-two, it is a hell of a lot bigger and a rusty throne sits in the middle of the room. Sitting upon that throne looks to be a skeleton type creature wearing a black robe covering most of its body.

"Yes! It's a freaking sub-boss!"

"What's that Ikarus-sama?"

"Yeah, what's that?"

"..."

I think Petra has an idea but she'll allow me to answer this time, think that's why she didn't say anything.