Chapter 118 - Priests

"Hey Petra... what's the best way to go about this? I may have been joking but making them disappear could actually be the play here"

While we're walking over to the inn the priests are apparently staying at, can't help but think about this a little more. We were always going to make enemies with the monastery at some point but I'm thinking how to delay this even longer, it's not like we've got an extensive guard force and militia set up to defeat them right now. Well, it's a decent size but nothing extraordinary.

As for why it's only us two now, Penelope's finally doing some actual guild work for once and Ariza's probably gone to flaunt her new body off to Zeki. They basically are siblings despite them not being blood related but I'm not really sure why I'm recapping that, I don't care what they get up to nor are we babysitters for Ariza. Ah, let's just focus on Petra, we can always hold hands while going over there.

"Not too sure Ikarus, we can handle them if you want but let's just hear them out first. Heh, just had an idea so go along with me if I take the lead, please?"

"Sure sure"

Hey, we may have slightly differing opinions on how to go about this but I do seem to be the more cautious one out of us two, maybe too much at times so I'll let her decide what to do.

Arriving at the building, this place is probably the worst inn within our settlement. It's not bad or illegal or anything like that, just you get what you pay for so it's more for the cheaper style of travellers or just workers without a place to sleep. Despite all this, it's pretty packed to be fair, I don't think I've seen a place this filled around here yet.

Walking through the bustling place, it seems we're noticed before we notice the priests.

"Ah, it's the two leaders we've heard so much about, happy greetings to you"

"Blessings on you sisters, please take a seat if it doesn't take too much of your time"

Sitting at a table, we're greeted by two happily smiling priests actually being kind. Am I hearing this right or are these two being pretty respectful? Everyone in this place knows about our 'sinful' ways and the town seems to embrace the fact they basically have lesbian leaders so they should've already heard about that by now. Also... I think that's the first time I've actually referred to us as being lesbians, that word feels kinda weird to use but can't exactly deny it's true...

Anyways, we take a seat and Petra kicks off our response.

"What do you want priests? We have no time for such pointless meetings"

She's really having none of it though it seems, maybe she thinks they're putting on a fake façade but then again, I'm pretty sure she's toying with them too. Don't forget, she literally just told me we're going to play this peacefully for now.

"Ah, I can see this is going to be a little difficult, we mean you two and your people no disrespect nor any ill harm"

"We're hoping we can teach you and your people the ways of the one true God, this place is crying for his affection and a holy place of worship"

Ohhh... they're taking a much calmer approach simply because they want to guide us on the path of redemption or something stupid like that. I'm actually not opposed to having churches for regular folk but the issue with their religion is it's factually incorrect, I've literally spoken to three Gods already! Of course, I'm ignoring the fact about the same sex thing as well, any religion we allow would have to keep that in mind otherwise they may end up with the same fate these lot are going to receive someday.

"Heh... could you stand with me one second Ikarus? You won't regret it, promise"

What is she thinking of doing? Are we leaving now or something?