Chapter 16 - Capital

"Wow"

"Ah, this is your first time seeing the capital, isn't it Miss Ikarus?"

'It's... definitely something"

Off in the distance, I can see a gigantic sprawling medieval styled city that seems to be endless, the size almost seems comparable to modern cities. It really is impressive.

It's taken us half a week by wyvern to get to the city, also having to stop and set up camp for sleep and to eat as well as things like that. I reckon my stamina would have lasted several days without sleep but I doubt the knight would have been able to stay awake so we had to stop.

"I need to guide the wyvern into the landing zone at the palace so I'll need to focus for a bit"

Just as we were flying over the humongous city, my mind wondered on the lack of other wyverns flying about. It obviously turns out they're a lot rarer than first thought, probably only being reserved for flying knights or other high-ranking people.

'I wonder what wyvern meat tastes like?'

[<-User- has cannibalistic tendencies>]

'Hey, it's not cannibalistic, I think? Ah it doesn't matter; I don't think I've checked out its level yet though. Status'

[Name: Polly | Species: Wyvern | Level: 83]

[Health 4,450/4,450]

[Stamina 7,621/8,000]

[Magicka 0/0]

----------

[Name: Nathan | Species: Human | Level: 45]

[Health 2,100/2,100]

[Stamina 2,259/2,400]

[Magicka 0/0]

'Wyverns don't get magi- Wait, how has Nathan levelled up so much? He was twenty-one last time I checked'

[<Target -Nathan- last status check was four months ago>]

'It was that long ago? I think I'm struggling with dates'

"Miss Ikarus, are you alright? We're getting close now"

Oh, was he talking to me? I didn't hear anything.

"Yeah, all good"

"We here now, I just need to get this beast to land properly. Erm... no offence"

Ignoring him and while looking down, I notice the gigantic fancy palace and we fly off to the side of it aiming for a large flat platform. Once we get to it, he starts pulling on the saddle rope connected to the wyvern and it starts going down.

'It's like a helicopter landing pad'

We land the wyvern on a flat platform in one of the palace's many courtyards with a huge W painted on it. Both getting off the wyvern, the knight Nathan carrying the huge rolled up scroll goes over to a guard by a side entrance to the palace.

"I'm here to provide a report to his highness, can you inform him I've arrived?"

"Won't happen"

"This matter is of the utmost importance; I have really important news to relay to him"

"It doesn't matter, I've even been told to ignore any message even if it's his majesty himself until the prince's meeting is over"

The knight is getting stressful over this, he knows delaying a dragon isn't something he wants to do.