Chapter 165 - God of War

---Should be back to regular scheduling this week but don't hold me to it, head is better but still not great.

__________

"Wah! You lot have no idea how much this is going to set me back! It's taken me decades to find the perfect parameters for this never-ending conflict and just like that, you destroy everything gluing it together!"

A man decked out in a red set of armour wielding a spear and a shield charges through one of the now open doorways absolute furious with the performance we've been acting out and honestly takes me aback a little, this is supposed to be Ares? He looks grown up enough but sounds like a spoilt child or something.

----------

----------

'That sucks, looks like this noble purge is uncomplete'

While he's getting mad at the plan I conducted, all of the nobles start to charge outside and I can only feel immense disappointment from my unfinished plan. I wanted to kill some racists too.

"Get back here, you motherfucking racist scum!"

Turns out, orc Zeki really hates racists all of a sudden, I'm pretty sure he was just embracing his inner psychopath tonight like me, it's not really like we can chase them considering who is standing right in front of us.

"You stupid mortals really have no idea how much you've set me be back, looks like some sort of punishment is needed"

That's when the God raises his spear and points it towards us, also setting up a combat stance similar to how Spartans may fight with their shields. It's obvious that we now have to fight this bastard, was hoping he'd just kick us out of this place but guess not then.

Suddenly, just before combat is about to kick off, a terrible memory comes up of something that nearly got forgotten. If we have to fight this God within his own dungeon, doesn't that mean we may be fucked? Can't also forget there's also no point status scanning him, divine beings seem to have a filter on unless you're Jarl Denver.

It was that time we came across Lyssa, the mad guy back inside the ol'mage tower and he wiped the floor with us. I know we're more powerful now but this might be a fight we cannot win if Gods are practically immortal in places like this. It's either than or that Lyssa was deceptively strong, we'll still try and put up a fight against this armoured God though.

Anyways, we ready our weapons of choice and the God charges at us causing a small shockwave to occur throwing all but the strongest of us back. Only me and Petra were strong enough to stay standing throughout that attack.

'Aesa?'

[<Confirmed, -aspect of gigantomachy- has been activated>]

Sensing a slight opportunity despite his excellent stance, I attack first trying to slash Excalibur into his side but it only gets blocked by his shield. However, I repeat the same attack clattering into the metal again but it proves ample distraction for Petra whose sword art flies plunging deep into one of the gaps around his shoulder plates.