Chapter 116 - Cultists

In the end, I didn't look away from the goat sacrifice and now I regret my life choices... I'm clearly being overdramatic but it has at least made me lose my appetite... I'm lying about that too. Let's just move on from witnessing a still beating heart outside a goat though, I'm just going to blame my dragon DNA for being fine with this.

"Ashraf kemf achram tome..."

"..."

Penelope's been speaking in tongue while Petra's been injecting her black fire into the glass ball directly  for a good ten minutes or so now. When we have the chance, I'm definitely going to ask more about how this works with Petra, hopefully she can dumb it down a little for me but this sort of thing is always difficult to understand. I'm also guessing what Penelope ii saying isn't actually a language hence why it's not being translated.

All of a sudden without any warning, the light-coloured crystal ball turns pitch black and an intense murderous aura covers all around us. Whatever those two have done, it's seems to have done something sinister.

<WHO DARES MESSAGE ME WHILE I'M WORKING? *COUGH cough*>

A screeching feminine voice roars from the crystal ball clearly pissed at being disturbed but very quickly calms itself before any of us can respond though. That aura seems to fade pretty quickly as well.

<*Cough cough*... ah, sorry about that, you caught me right when I was in the middle of something, damn cesspit duty...>

Then through the coughing, a more masculine voice seems to fade into existence. If that's the same person, then I'm pretty sure we've managed to contact Loki, I actually can't believe this has worked! I'm also guessing he was just female as well for some reason?

<...If you're looking for introductions, I am the one and only God of mischief, trickery and shapeshifting Loki... apparently, it's honestly a little annoying to be assigned to such childish roles but life would be so much more boring without the odd jump scare every now and then. So... why have you dared to call me whoever you are? I'll respect you if this is a prank call but this seems a very elaborate and time-consuming joke especially with the sacrifice involved>

"It's Miss Penelope, Mr Loki! You may not remember me but I was friends with that pervert who used to arrange all those gender changing orgies! He used to talk about you loads!"

Hang on... you know what, I'm definitely not asking Penelope about that. Ariza seems a little dense of what was just said but me and Petra clearly understood it, both of us can't help but facepalm when hearing something so causally brought up like that. If you don't understand what that word means, then bless your innocent soul.

<You were friends with that horny mess? Huh... small world I guess, I think I may even remember you being at one but you were only delivering a message if I remember correctly. Enough about that though, you care to explain why you four have called me up?>

He must have some way of seeing or sensing us if he's able to notice that. As for our response, it's a good thing Petra's now taking the lead since I'm a little lost for words and Penelope can't say everything even if she really wants to.

"We're looking for someway of changing someone's gender oh high and mighty Loki and we were hoping you'd be able to assist us in some way"

Petra has always had a way of appealing to a person in a higher position but I get the feeling this guy might be a little like Dionysus, maybe not as nice but there's no point trying to appeal to that higher power inside him.

<Ah, so this is what this is about, you wish to make a deal? Hehe... normally for these types of things, it requires a little sacrifice from someone's else's part, the problem is you four don't have any of the sacrifices I'm looking for. Actually, that's not true but it would go against what I'm thinking right now. I do find it pretty strange how three of you used to be reversed as well, normally I have a part to play in that so I'm a little ashamed someone else has been taking my job>