Chapter 164 - Bloody Celebration

"So, everyone gets that? That's the basics for my plan anyways"

(Petra) "..."

"It's a little brutal Ikarus-sama but if it'll work, then I'm onboard"

"Needs of the many outweigh the few and all that, something we all learnt in knight's training anyways"

"Ignoring the boring thing the empire's lackey just said, hell yeah orangey! This is going to be great!"

Having just explained my plan in heavy detail to everyone, I've gotten nearly everybody onboard, even Zeki but that wasn't difficult considering there is bloodshed even in the attempt to bring peace into this world. The only person who still is unsure is the only person I need to glue this entire operation together.

"Uh huh, I'm not sure about this Ikarus. I'll do it if I must but it seems really bad though"

"This is the most peaceful option I can come up with and you are the only person who can make it work effectively Ariza. It's either this or I start nuking everything, no one else has any other ideas yet"

"I'll still do it Ikarus, I'm just sad about it really"

You see, I could go about wiping every single person from this continent of the lands and turn it into a nuclear hellscape but even for me, that might be overdoing it. The main problem is that I don't want Petra to hate me and Charlotte to determine me a heaven or something, feel like nuking an entire world would be pushing it despite options being limited right now.

"I've got to admit Ikarus, this is a really well thought out plan though"

"It's as if you sound surprised Petra. What, am I not intelligent enough to come up with something like this?"

"Heh, don't be putting words in my mouth Ikarus, or I'll play the same game with you. Remember when you nearly called me fat?"

"Erm... okay then"

Putting whatever playfulness that was aside real quick, it seems we're good to go? Ariza isn't happy but at the end of the day, this plan will save more lives than it will take so she's kinda onboard.

"Now, the prep work starts. If my memories recall, there is a perfectly placed venue right in the centre of this world..."

__________

(Temporary Perspective Change)

"Hurry up slave, those horses won't park themselves!"

"Yes sir!"

Having just got outside my carriage and now at the place in question, I'm currently getting my slave to park and move everything to where all the other carriages are. Boy, there clearly must be quite the few invitees here since the outside to this huge ballroom looks like a carriage parking lot! Of course, mine is the fanciest of them all.

'Ah, the joys of free labour. It was either this or the frontlines for the boy'

The laws regarding forced conscription have always been kind to us nobles and will keep allowing us to keep our roles regardless of how many poor boys go off to war. This kid in particular would've been dead if it wasn't for my outstretched arms, all it took was signing a few forms and that was it, he apparently no longer exists! Easiest piece of business I've ever done and I get to feel like I've saved a life as well. I really am too kind at times.

Enough about him though, might as well recap on why I'm here at this strange place in the middle of nowhere. Roughly about a week ago, most of the higher ups in the demonic faction were sent suspicious invitations to attend a party from the queens themselves! Of course, we all thought it was bullshit at first especially considering where this enclosed location is at but the stamped seal does not lie. Ah, attendance is compulsory as well which definitely means this must be important if we're being forced to show up.