Chapter 147 - Tartarus

"*Yawnnn*... guess I'm up first then"

"..."

Waking up the next morning cuddled into Petra, I can't help but pull slightly away from her embrace to witness her sleeping face. She's even smiling right now, it's so freaking adorable...

----------

https://i.ibb.co/Ch94N3m/Ikarus-Petra-Cuddle1.jpg

----------

Simping aside, yesterday was pretty tiring after what happened so that sleep was absolutely lush. The session as well was really good but less said about what happened, the better. Was a little bit too perverted for consistent use...

Even just the beauty from the morning light and snow gleaming through the window seems to make my mood even better but I am cuddled into the best person in the entire world after all. Keep in mind, the days are considerably darker because of the clouds and all but just a hint of light can get through every now and then. It's such a rarity waking up before her as well so might as well make the most of it.

'That's unfortunate, she's about to wake up as well now'

"Oi sleepyhead, rise and shine"

"*Yawn... *, heh, morning Ikarus. Last night was pretty different, wasn't it?"

'I like how she used the word different. That's the understatement of the year'

"Petra... don't get me wrong, last night was epic and all, but we should probably keep things a little tamer from now on and keep that extremely rare. That went to levels I think both of us aren't fully willing to embrace"

"Heh, agreed Ikarus. Let's keep that sort of thing locked away for special occasions... maybe on your birthday next for example?"

[<Tell target -Petra- that's an unreasonable time to wait>]

"You wanna hear something funny Petra? Even Aesa's shouting in my ear saying that's way too long to wait. No need to set a date, we'll just wing it, an-"

The without any warning, the sound of knocking can be heard on our bedroom door and the culprit must obviously be that damn maid of ours.

"Are the two queens up yet? I've prepared your breakfast for the usual time, but I can go away if you're still sleeping"

"You can obviously hear us speaking maid, so why even bother asking!?"

"Heh, bring it in please Eve"

"Okay!"

Don't get me wrong, I like this maid and all but I can already tell there's going to be a comment or two about last night...

__________

(Temporary Perspective Change)

Deep down hidden beyond the earth, the never-ending fires and pits of Tartarus burn and consume all souls that dare to venture this far within its depths. It's countless fiery lakes, agonizing brimstone and its lack of life make it inhospitable for even the most powerful of souls.

This is why it makes for a brilliant place to hide or imprison heavenly beings, completely entombed within enchanted cages hidden within an unknown cave. Many others have had their stay down here before even including the legendary titans once upon a time. All of which have suffered the unending loneliness of being completely isolated and unable to reach another soul.

Except I, the God of wine and various other things am not alone. Beyond the chains and cage that keep me trapped like an animal is a red creature with a never-ending grin on his face...