Chapter 26 - Aerial Combat

"Finally... sweet, sweet bird body! That kid body was beyond terrible"

All three of us awaken back by the fountain, both Nathan and Charlotte have extremely confused looks though.

"What just happened?"

"You killed her just like that?"

Is she still going on about that? I'll just answer Nathan's question then.

"Did you two not figure it out by me killing her? Ah, I guess it wasn't that obvious. That entire place was designed to mess with you"

"Was it? how did you figure it out then Ikarus-sama?"

"Yeah?"

Should I come up with some absurd funny reason? Nah, I'm still in serious Ikarus mode right now, I'll lighten back up in a little while.

"Honestly... the second Aesa said she was wrong; something wasn't sitting right with me. I don't think she's ever been wrong before, you still with me Aesa?"

[<Affirmative>]

"Ah good, back onto what I was saying. Everything in that world just seemed to be made to cause confusion or something similar like plot twists. If we had continued to listen to Aesa or followed our own path, stupid stuff would've kept happening"

(Nathan) "How did you figure out killing her was the solution though?"

(Charlotte) "..."

"Because it was pointless, killing her wouldn't have made a lick of difference, that's why I did it. The place was made to be confusing..."

Both of those two-look confused by my explanation but I understand the idea behind it, that place was designed for an odd mind like mine to figure out. I actually doubt those two could have figured it out.

"... That dungeon was the type of place where we end up spending years in it and end up kicking ourselves when we eventually find out the Rebecca woman has become all powerful and it becomes a massive power struggle to defeat her. I bet Aesa would've been given another book as well to read from as well to confuse us even further"

There still not going to understand my reasoning but I understand my madness at the very least. That's all that matters really.

(Nathan) "Well... anyway, should we get moving? This place is just as cold as when we left"

(Charlotte) "Agreed"

Oh, yeah, it's basically the exact same time as we entered, maybe a few minutes have passed? I have no idea; I'm not figuring out the maths on how much time has passed, I can't be bothered this time. Hang on, I've forgotten something.

'Wait, did we get a reward for completing that place? Aesa?'

[<...>]

'Why are you being silent? Do we seriously not get anything for completing that place?'

[<-User- could consider fountain as a reward>]

'...'

Well that... was fucking dreadful. What a colossal waste of time, at least with that shitty bikini armour, it's still a reward even if I never plan to use it. Is that fountain seriously considered the reward or is Aesa mocking me? Fuck this, I'm leaving the place now.

I'm getting some concerned looks from my party as well from my visible anger, there's no point in even mentioning the lack of a reward since those two will be fine with it like with everything else.

"*Sigh*... just give me stuff to carry and I'll chuck it all inside my ring, it's too cold to stay on this island for much longer"

"Okay Ikarus"