Chapter 7 - Devastation

The guard getting a little startled from my vagueness wants to investigate but before he gets to the door, I can't help but speak.

"It's too late"

"What do you mean it's too late?"

"What I mean is, if you go outside now, you will die"

"J-Just what's happening out there?"

I almost feel sorry for him, only time I got this fearful was with heights. This is a much, much worse.

"Dragons"

"Y-You weren't lying?"

Oh, this guard must have been listening to my conversation with the pervert guy, whatever his name was again.

Why am I telling him this? Unlike that lord, he seems like an alright guy. He doesn't deserve what's happening right now.

The world around us shakes massively again throwing the guard to the ground again, I didn't get up last time because I knew this would happen again. Then, the faint sound of a voice can be heard.

"Where --- heck -- my --------?"

Then without warning, the voice gets much clearer and louder.

"BASTARRDDDSSSS!!!"

The entire dungeon shook even more than before with large parts of the walls and ceiling crumbling around me and the guard. He now looks terrified and shell shocked as well.

'I appreciate the rescue but I'd rather not be crus-'

<LITTLE ONE!!>

Father cut off my thoughts with his voice being the loudest I've ever heard inside my head.

'Damn, that's loud fath-'

<Little one, I need to find you, NOW! Your mother is wreaking havoc>

He cut me off again, what the hell is going on up here? Fathers voice inside my head even sounds fearful as well. Was that mothers voice cursing earlier?

And how can he even communicate with me? Oh, the ceiling of the dungeon has collapsed. I can even see the rubble of the manor I was in before. I need to get out as soon as possible.

"Guard! You need to let me out now otherwise every person in the city is screwed"

The guard who was out of it quickly realizes he needs to do something.

"U-Uhh... O-Okay!"

He rapidly gets out his keys and unlocks the jail cell. I get up off the floor and leave the cell with him.

"Lead the way, now!"

"O-Okay"

I start following him out of the prison and we quickly end up back at that fancy manor. Instantly, I notice the destruction around me. The entire fancy manor is practically rubble with destruction everywhere.

And that's not the only thing, bodies. I can see limbs sticking out of rubble piles obviously being crushed by the roof coming down.

'Haven't got the time for this'

I quickly go to one of the collapsed walls and try to see what's going on. The guard is also following me.

Once I get to where I need to, what I can see from here is terrifying.

From this manor which is upon a hill, the sight of an entire city, burned, crushed, blackened and devastated. It almost looks like aftermath of a nuclear bomb. Flying above the ruins is a red creature that appears so large and so evil, anyone would think it's the end of the world.