Chapter 103 - Dragon Fight

"It's so yummy!"

"Glad you like it little guy, that one's also Ikarus's favourite"

'Last carrot cake as well... that's a damn shame but sharing is caring or whatever that stupid expression was... It doesn't help I've been in this same exact position before'

Back at this inn we seem to like so much, all the family and Petra are around a table at a booth. If it isn't obvious, Minos is currently enjoying the joy that is human food, he hasn't had anything like this just yet so seeing his face so happy is kinda cute... despite the fact I'm still not great at sharing with anyone other than Petra.

I'll round nearly everything said because having a long conversation with the family can be a little tedious at times. Nothing else is new between these lot and father is still under curfew having to return to mother's side every night, gave them some updates about what we've been up to keeping a few things that don't need explaining hidden and also the reason for them visiting. They seriously couldn't give anything more other than they just wanted to pay us a visit. That's not a complaint, just deciding to go explore the human world for a time is definitely odd and extremely worrying.

I'd say it should be alright but mother has already gotten the 'subtle' stare from a few men passing by, it's a good thing father is under curfew otherwise I can already see some of them becoming unfortunate casualties. Enough of that though, I'm hoping they leave quickly just simply because I really don't want to have to deal with more work. If they behave, they're more than willing to stay as long as they want... although I doubt father will want to remain in human form longer than needed. Sighhh, let's just move on, everyone's got their quirks I guess.

"So this is where you've been living little one? It's not exactly a worthy place to call a nest... although the lack on wyverns around this area is definitely a positive"

"Yeah... you really will have to learn to deal with them one day dinosaur"

"Hmph, over my dead body I will"

"*Sigh*... Dermakvar..."

Also should add we managed to scrounge up some clothes for them as well. Father has a bad boy vibe to him with the sleeveless jacket and grey top he has on, for mother we had to find the biggest shirt available and even that wasn't perfect so had to find something else. Mother basically just has a white 'shirt' tightened with a belt around the waist and a dark skirt on, the shirt is more just a modified bedsheet if we're being honest. Last but not least, Minos. Kid clothing is cute and kinda posh in this world so he has shorts, a little shirt and a tie ribbon thing going on.

Is there really much else to discuss right now though? In all honesty, I'm hoping we can split so me and Petra can do our work for today even if that means I can't watch to make sure father doesn't go off his rocker. At lease it now seems mother has something further to ask, I have already given a pretty good update after all.

"So then Ikarus... is there anything else you care to tell me? Anything new that you may have purposely forgotten to tell?"

I can't help but sweat and subconsciously gulp then, mother's fake smile has come out clearly from something I 'forgot' to tell. Even though there's no angry aura behind it, it's terrifying regardless.

"W-Whatever do mean mother..."

"What I mean my sweet and clearly, not innocent child is that there's a different distinct smell on you and Petra that your father this time around hasn't corrected me on... it lingers a surprisingly long time if you don't know how to remove it"

"I'd congratulate you little one but I'd rather not get the smack today"

Crap... how should I play this then? It's not exactly like I can blame nor do I even feel that bad about it... fuck it, let's just not care.