Chapter 122 - Invasion

"Fuck... this wasn't supposed to happen, right Petra?"

"Erm... sorry Ikarus, they're actually here? Already?"

<...?>

Now getting in sight of the island with Petra and her new sister dragon, we can see quite the sight off in the distance surrounding the three islands. Dozens and dozens of ships look to be preparing for an invasion and whilst they haven't docked just yet, it's obvious what their intention is. It's extremely lucky we've returned right now otherwise we'd be returning to an island completely under foreign control, no amount of our guard force would be able to deal with such a large invading army.

"Petra, I thought you said we'd be alright for a while and that the monastery wouldn't attack?"

It's got to be them, right? We're still quite the distance away but if I squint hard enough, I can see religious crosses on some of the ship flags.

"I... those visiting priests were a last warning before the attack... how did I not notice that? I can't believe the monastery were this well prepared already, they must've known about us for a while"

It's obvious Petra's made a right fuck up in judgement here and sensing her aura, it seems really down. If she were basing this off previous experience, then you can understand why she might think their ways would be different.

"No point beating yourself up about it Petra, it's not like you can predict everything so we'll just deal with it"

I think Petra's a little irritated with herself for making such a big blunder though and is clearly not listening.

"Yeah Ikarus... hold that thought for a second"

"What are you-... Petra!"

Petra jumps off my back and then does something I haven't seen in a long time; she switches back into her scarred phoenix form. There's no time to worry about how much pain she might be feeling here, I can see why this might be necessary as she starts to fly up and returns back to continue our conversation.

"Listen Ikarus, we need to split up and deal with things separately, we haven't got the time to deal with this together since they're only minutes away from landing. If you can find the flagship, take out as many others as you can and I'll handle the defence... you mind giving me a hand too Mute?"

<...!>

The navy dragon still alongside us named Mute nods her head almost looking happy to give her sister a hand, at least I shouldn't have to worry about Petra getting hurt if she has a dragon alongside her too. I wasn't worried anyways but there could be a lot of fighting about to happen.

Petra does have a point with her suggestion though, this might as well be an armada of ships the monastery have sent and any clinginess cannot be factored in right now. Any hesitation will only lead to further fuck ups, no mercy as well...

"You know what's funny? I was thinking the same exact thing... how far can I go with this though?"

Honestly, the sight of endless ships especially all coming from the northeast is slightly an overwhelming sight, to think the monastery have gone this far to take out just a simple heathen settlement. I'm going to destroy as many as possible and prevent the invasion force building up, it's inevitable they'll land now so it's just stopping the reinforcements from behind.

"Erm... might be best to not use the percentage based attack Ikarus, anything else should be fine though"

So anything other than supernova? That's pretty understandable, we still want a settlement to return to after all and a gigantic tsunami goes against that.