Chapter 25 - Confusion

---This dungeon is a little odd, you'll hopefully understand shortly---

__________

We've spent three days out here in this meadow waiting for Aesa to finish, she is clearly looking for the perfect optimized route through this but even then, it shouldn't be taking this long. She still responds when spoken to but you always get a swift, Aesa is currently working.

Honestly, I feel a little naked without system constantly in my head. Sure, I know she can see us at any time like a God but still, it makes me feel uneasy. The mage Leone was right, I'm become too reliant on it. Just because she's right doesn't make her twisted horrible mind any better.

Oh, there is something really nice about this dungeon though, our magic doesn't drain. Me and Charlotte have endless amounts of magicka, I can light a fire forever! If it wasn't for me being in a kid's body, I'd like this dungeon a lot, I really am a sucker for a good flamethrower. I've also been experimenting a lot with what I can do as well but can't be bothered to show it right now.

None of us have a clue why this random family of three were in the middle of nowhere, Aesa included. It just makes our start even harder than it should've been.

Still, I'm getting to ignore the romance elements of this place so that's extremely good, would like to see those two getting closer together but I might have to give a rest for a little while. This place is unknown territory, I've purposely been serious the last few days, there's quite a simple reason for that.

This place is filled with bandits. Every day, a dozen of them or so stumble into our little camp the adults have set up. A romance novel filled with bandits, my best guess is that the protagonists would've had to stumble into them and the problematic encounters would have developed their relationship even further.

They provided no issue though, I cooked them with my fire and the priestess incinerated them with her orbital death laser, that's what I'm calling it from now on. The knight couldn't get involved since he doesn't have a sword, he does have a wooden spear he crafted for himself but we always take care of any problems before he has the chance to help. Magic is definitely OP in this world, it kinda was back the continent of Sierra as well.

I doubt if I'll get any EXP from this, I obviously can't check since status doesn't work inside here as well as my storage stuff. Also curious if we're supposed to kill the bandits or not, some romance novels would have the prince be a bloodthirsty maniac and the commoner woman plead for their mercy, the priestess doesn't understand mercy towards bandits and both me and the knight are in agreement with her.

Anyway, back onto what's happening at present, it's roughly evening and I'm cooking a couple rabbits with fire coming out of my hands, no need using the firepit we've set up when I can just cook the creatures with my hands. I am a portable firepit after all, might as well make myself useful.

Both the party members are also sitting near me, the priestess cut down a tree with her summoned sword so we're using that cut up tree log for chairs, they also made a few good wooden and fur tents for sleeping in.

"How long will it be Ikarus-sama?"

"Depends... do you want raw rabbit or not?"

That came across as snarky but who cares? My fire cooks faster than using a natural one so I'm allowed to be an aggressive chef, I do take after the best swearing chef in the world after all.

"Charlotte was only askin-"

Before Nathan has the chance to defend his love interest, a voice speaks from the heavens.