Chapter 148 - Time Skip

"It's funny how such a small thing can be so beautiful when you haven't seen it in so long"

"Heh, looks like I've got to compete with the sun as well now Ikarus"

"Not funny Petra. The sun could literally have the greatest body, excellent personality and a perfect arse but still would be useless compared to my lovebird"

"Heh, love you too Ikarus, but you really need to come up with some better lines"

"Hey! That one was alright, I think..."

Looking up at a barely clouded sky actually getting to witness the sunlight not opposed by anything in the way, it truly is an experience you forget about when you haven't witnessed the sun like this in such a long time. It's a shame Petra can't view it but blindness is a thing that her poor soul has been afflicted with... I'm pretty weird this morning it seems.

Three months have passed and finally, goddamn finally, the snow and ice are melting. Actually, that's not completely true, the ice melted several weeks ago but it was still cold so it counts, alright? The temperature is finally reasonable so people can start to populate the settlement once again and everything can return to normal. Maybe the word normality works better than normal, this settlement is as weird as us.

While we're walking through the still mostly empty settlement locked by hand, a very familiar face runs towards us and makes me think why she's even running.

"Aesa needs to inform Ikarus and Petra about visiting ships that are currently arriving by the docks"

Oh yeah, Aesa has been out a load more recently and seems to have just come from the docks. Her speech patterns have been slowly changing over time as well so the removal of things like target and sounding a little more human isn't that big of a surprise. No point mentioning it further because we all know what she's like with that sort of thing, I do have a tendency of making it out to be a bigger deal than it actually is.

"We'll make our way over then..."

__________

"Move it ya bastards! Get that anchor down or you'll all be strapped to the hull!"

"Aye sir!"

Two ships appear to have docked and the one we're currently at seems to have the dwarven captain we've met a few times now. He seems to be pretty pissed at his fellow shipmates right now but very quickly makes time for us while he's setting down the plank so they can get onto land.

"You were the captain who handles the silver exchange, right? I'm sorry but you're going to have to wait a while since nothing is ready yet"

"Ikarus is right, no message was sent so this is on your shoulders"

Once we get some loaded up, the dwarfs are definitely going to love us considering we've still been mining during everything that's gone on. We literally have tunnels upon tunnels filled with gold bars at this point in time now, couldn't exactly bring it to the treasury due to the cold so all operations were underground like everything else. We've actually survived this like it's nothing thinking about it, dwarfs might be the greatest species in this entire world. We'd have been clueless if it wasn't for the gnome.

It's also going to be nice to eat food not grown underground again but less recapping quickly, we are in conversation after all.

"No need queens, I'm only here to deliver a message this time around. The other ship over there isn't even with us"

(Ikarus) "Then who's on it?"

Taking a quick glance to the other docked ship unloading, two very familiar faces seem to be getting off first and my happiness levels instantly raise. It's been ages since I last saw these two!