Chapter 104 - Return

"Been too long since we were last here"

"Heh, yeah Ikarus, it does feel a little different"

(Zeki) "Well obviously older sis! The streets were flowing with blood and flame not that long ago"

(Ariza) "That's not what she meant Zeki"

And so, we've just arrived back at the capital, already said the goodbyes and sorted out all of the mundane stuff we deal with on a daily basis, just made sure to transport as much ore as possible so there's now a smelting backlog. There's no real need to recap on what else happened before we left, it's just the same type of stuff like usual. The only difference is that the dragons are still on the island and Garry the gnome has basically taken over the smelting operation. That old grumpy guy actually holds a great amount of respect for the dwarf so the turnover of power went pretty easily, even if they're more like business partners than being an actual boss.

As for why it's back to us four travelling phoenixes, no specific reason why we brought them along other than the fact they wanted to come with us, I'm guessing they miss spending time with Petra? I guess I do hog her a bit but I'm happy to share... obviously not in that sort of way but I know what I mean. In all honesty, the idea of having an open relationship or sharing partners has always been something I'm against. Don't be expecting any threesomes or stuff like that between us... although I wouldn't mind spending another night with Petra alone during this trip, we'll see how that goes.

All we really need to do here is negotiate a deal with a bank for currency exchanges every now and then and we should be all done? At least for the main goal, I'd like to meet our two previous travelling companions if possible. I actually know where they're staying now so I'm hoping Petra's down for that afterwards.

"Let's head over to a bank then, you two don't have to join us since it might be boring"

We literally have just only walked into the outskirts of the capital and still need to get inside the gate, it seems Mr obnoxious has a response for me though.

"Nah, we'll stick with ya... ah orangey, might not need to head to the bank... I'm sure I remember something that dragon lover said about silver... or was it sliver?"

"Really Zeki? Forget it, Desmond and Esmerelda did say something about a silver shortage Ikarus but it was just a passing comment they made when we were working for them"

"It wasn't working brother; it was just a few favours really"

"We literally got paid Zeki! How the heck isn't that working?"

"We did some favours in exchange for money, that isn't work, this red-haired beast doesn't EVER work"

(Ariza) "*Sigh*"

Ignoring those two and Petra's facepalming from Zeki as well, I can't help but think this world is full of coincidences... you'd think it would be a poorly written novel at this point. Seriously though, our luck is becoming a little suspect especially when it comes to gold and silver. Maybe its karma paying up for a lifetime of cruelty towards Petra but it shouldn't be affecting my luck as well so something isn't adding up right now.

I'm not going to overthink this though. It'll be good to meet the bastard and the dragon once again, they'll probably be busy but I'd rather set up trade with another leader if possible. Besides, just gives an excuse to not have to speak with strangers which is a plus.

"Then we're off to the palace..."

__________

On the journey through the capital, me and Petra have finally seen the consequences of our actions and honestly... it's pretty messed up. Everything is peaceful now but spotting the odd burnt down building or anything else that's still in ruins really is eye opening to how bad the riots actually got. It's not like I feel an inch of guilt but it's still noticeable regardless.