Chapter 119 - Invitation

"This better be something important old man, you understand I was trying to keep your existence secretive and yet you've just turned up out of the blue like this?"

Now that he's landed, father gives me a rolled-up scroll before even responding to my irritation. Like the old dinosaur he is, couldn't he have done this some other way? Pretty much the entire crowd is still here looking terrified, Petra has facepalmed and Marcus... surprisingly looks calm. Huh, I guess he's a lot more confident than Nathan on this sort of thing, that first time stutter he had after witnessing the dragon fight me and father did is gone but he did get to witness mother as well in her full glory so maybe it was just surprise rather than fear.

<Apologies little one but you can read that later, have no patience to wait around until while you and the little mortals are done playing your games whatever this is you're doing. Your mother wanted me to give you the invitation quickly so here I am... I'm under orders to return as soon as it's completed otherwise I'm in right trouble>

By the sounds of it, he's pissed off mother again so that curfew maybe even stricter, now he might even be grounded. What has he done this time? I guess it's not exactly serious then but if mother is making him hurry it up, then I can understand why he'd show up like this.

"Please don't tell me you've had another affair old lizard, you're better than this"

<Not this time little one. Take this advice to the grave, NEVER mention a female's weight or you'll be paying for it for a while, it wasn't even meant in a bad way but apparently she's been watching how many goats she's been eating recently...>

Oh for fuck's sake, I swear he likes mother 'bigness' anyways but it's obviously sounded like he's insulted her or called mother fat. It doesn't take a genius to realize she's probably in the right to be pissed at him especially how he normally is. Can't help but facepalm at the old dinosaur.

<...I'd recommend you don't go to this but I'm assuming this is something you'd be interested on regardless. I'm leaving now, make sure you bring the dark bird along with you too since she's makes things better all-around>

"Heh, thanks Dermakvar"

"Yeah yeah dinosaur, stop trying to win favour with Petra and just leave already"

<Hmph, disrespectful daughter...>

And just like that, father flies in viewed by a crowd of people, gives me an invitation scroll, then pisses off! I'm obviously a little annoyed because is this really the way the settlement needs to find out about my dragon parents? I was saving it for a rainy day like when we're under attack or something and it could give people hope but now it just seems like something dumb. This invitation better be something interesting since I'm going to have a right go at them both if this turns out to be them just wanting to hang out or taking a quick vacation over here.

Oh yeah, I should probably address the crowd that just witnessed that, it's not like Marcus and Petra are going to help me out in this situation. I love Petra and all but she's got a right sly smile on her face, clearly she's found this a little funny.

"Right... erm... what to say... erm... okay, listen up everyone! There may be a dragon or two visiting time to time, try and keep it a secret if possible, alright?"

...

Of course, no reaction from the crowd other than complete silence. I honestly can't see this staying a secret now but it's not like I'm purposely going to silence them about it. Huh, should just look at the positives, maybe this might make people like me and Petra further, I did just speak to a supposedly extinct mythical creature like it meant next to nothing nothing.