Chapter 46 - Dungeon Dimy

"Still can't believe the dungeon is inside a pyramid"

The trip over to the pyramid was uneventful. Like with the usual, flying through the skies stops nearly any and all potential bandits or other enemies. I did hear a rumour in the capital about these lands being really aggressive and nasty but we're yet to come across any criminals.

The only thing that kept happening is those two whining about the heat, my stock of energy drinks is all gone so there was no way of shutting them up, especially Zeki. He is just as unbearable as usual.

During the trip towards the south, we did end up flying over some ruins halfway through that none of the other phoenixes had any clue why they were there, must have been an ancient civilization destroyed long ago. In the never-ending reaches of this desert, you tend to notice things like that.

"Yup orangey, this place is only thing even noticeable in this dumb desert. Feast your eyes on pure plagiarism! I'm unsure if this or the Earth ones came first though"

Travelling with this kid is very slowly starting to take its toll on us. Thankfully, this is only temporarily since the dungeon after this is in the elven continent next. I'll have to pick up my original party members and there's no chance these two will want to spend that long outside again.

Wait, should I inform my parents what's happening with the prince situation when we're heading back? It's basically on the same flight path, I'm conflicted though, they need to know about everything but I don't want another city to burn to the ground because of another emotional incident.

I'll decide later on, now it's time to focus on this upcoming dungeon.

We're all in human form walking towards the pyramid entrance, that clearly must be what that racoon lady was talking about, the other three of the party all seem to be in agreement also.

As for the pyramid itself, it literally looks like the spitting image of one of those on Earth, similar in a size to the largest and roughly the same wear and tear from age I reckon. Around it, a few small buildings can be seen and a huge square temple to the side of one of the corners of the pyramid as well as some large ruins around the outsides of it as well.

This place doesn't actually look all that populated except for a couple of beast people around the small entrance to the pyramid and the occasional person or persons that walk past us on the road. I wonder if the lack of water around here could be the reason, I haven't seen any bodies of water nearby so might be that.

That doesn't explain how they were able to build this thing in the first place but even with Earth, some people still question if building our pyramids was even possible. Best theory I've heard is that aliens helped because one of the shafts aim up perfectly to a well-known star and that might be where the alien visitors came from.

Who knows? I'm just remembering something really weird now so let's just move on.

We walk up to the entrance and before we have the chance to speak, two beastmen stop us from entering.

"No entrance for humans"

"Yeah, your kind isn't welcome in our temple"

Two beastmen 'greet' us as we go up the open entrance to the pyramid, they clearly have a strong dislike of humans. As for their races, I haven't got a clue but they both have different style ears and tails though.

Are we seriously being discriminated against because we're not beast races? Are you actually being serious? The people in that town seemed alright but then again, they might've just wanted rid of us.

Petra facepalms from the blatant racism but it seems she had an idea something like this would happen.

"This is why the beast continent is annoying, you can thank the empire for the hostility that's festered here for centuries. Ariza, would you mind doing your thing?"