Chapter 87 - Royal Showdown

"Ikarus, relax yourself, you'll grow wrinkles if you stress yourself out"

Petra can obviously sense my tension seeing those three right now, does stress actually give you wrinkles? It seemed like a joke but unsure if it actually does or not now, at least thinking about something stupid has made me relax a little.

Anyways, the two royals finish speaking to everyone, walk down into the room and are immediately hounded by a crowd of nobles, no chance I'm going over there to talk with them, have next to no reason to speak until my blade finds their throats after all.

"So what do we do now then? There's only so much eating I can do to pass the time"

"Heh, unfortunately we'll just have to wait a little longer"

It a tad boring seeing that both of us have basically been ignored by nearly everyone excluding the knight and priestess but it's not that bad, soaking up to these snobby nobles was never a plan. I would like to do something other than just stand around eating though.

It very quickly seems something else has come up, more specifically someone has come over to us.

"Oh, are you the bird brother invited to the party? Erm... what was your name again?..."

Exiting barging through the crowd is the princess Media, why has she come over here to us? Is she hungry or something? And she just called me bird, I'm guessing she knows about the phoenix thing but bird isn't enough to make it obvious to everyone. I mean, I'm pretty sure some people call females close to them bird or is that a Northern thing? Or was that lass?

Forget it, nicknames are something I struggle with, I'd like to come up with something for Petra but the only thing I can think off is Pet, I'm not calling Petra Pet despite it being a shortened version of her name. Distracted again, not the time or place for this right now.

"... Don't answer! Let me get a drink and we'll chat for a little while!"

She then rushes back into a different direction towards a waiter serving champagne, grabs three glasses and comes back to me and Petra, she seems a little bit of a clutz just watching what she did there. Anyways, she's now returned so it makes sense to at least great her.

(Petra) "Happy birthday to your highness"

(Ikarus) "Yeah, happy birthday princess"

Petra is always good at playing the part of someone in awe of the royals after all, I really would find it hard to greet someone as majesty or highness but that's just partly down to stubbornness and also down to having parents that would let me get away with a lot. Respecting humans isn't anything they'd ever want me to do.

"Please, you two don't need to treat me as such, there's already a crowd of boring nobles so having two commoners here lighten it up! Here take these..."

She gives us the champagne glasses and continues to speak, I'm not really sure what to say here to hopefully she leaves as fast as possible. Also unsure if my ability worked there, she seemed honest about it being boring but something about the way she said commoner made me irk a little.

"... So what brings you here? Why did yo-"

Unfortunately for her, a women's voice echoes through the crowd behind her calling the princess's name.

"Media, someone's asking about you"

"Seriously? Can't you answer for me?"

"No, I don't know everything about your life"

"*Sigh*, useless idiot, I'll talk with you two a little later, see ya!"

And that's the princess gone back into the crowd, what a slightly weird situation that was, even Petra looks a little unsure what just happened.