Chapter 134 - Oddity

"Again Ikarus"

"Sure sure!"

Out in the middle of the woods, me and Petra are currently sparring against each other and things have been getting pretty intense right now. The clashing of steel probably rings all throughout the woods as well.

You see, this time around I'm doing some slightly new training with Petra and I'm currently dual wielding. I'm my left is the good and always proven vampiric blade and in the right is something we picked up back in the monastery. The metallic sword Excalibur is finally getting a run out.

The way we're doing it this time around is that I have the first swing, then she counters and we see how the spar goes from that. It's safe to say I've had my arse kicked multiple times already but I'm not getting sat down instantly like usual.

It's been a flurry of dodging and countering for the most part but she hasn't gotten her sword to my neck this time just yet. The thing about using Excalibur is that it really presents some interesting fight moves. Unlike a regular sword, it seems to have a slight magical effect that happens every swing. This sword is actually the reason why we're not in my head space training area right now, it's the first time it's being used so copying something over you're not experienced with would be a little stupid. Everything does have to be created inside there after all.

Every swing from the blade fires off a magical beam that seems to do some HP damage in the direction of the swing. It doesn't seem to be able to cut through anything and Petra can easily block it with her blade but it still has its uses. I can basically use this sword like a ranged weapon if I want so backing off and keeping the distance is a valid strategy, it matters little towards the beast Petra who can close down anyone in a split second though.

And that's what she's done right now with her samurai blade swinging in from above, I swear we both are getting riskier with the type of attacks we do but we should be skilled enough not to kill each other.

Without any warning though, Excalibur briefly shines from my block and Petra gets thrown back from some sort of pushback! It doesn't push her over but she is partially crouched over just ahead of me and even had her spare hand on the floor, never knew the sword did that as well.

"You alright Petra? That looked like it hurt"

"Heh, perfectly Ikarus. It turns out that sword had more secrets then realized, looks like I can try a little harder"

"H-Hang on... what does that mean Petra?"

"Heh, don't worry about it, just focus Ikarus"

She's even gone black eyed mode on me now! The sword has also reacted gleaming just as brightly as beforehand constantly keeping up that glow. I'd be pissing myself looking into those lifeless eyes right now if it wasn't for the fact she also is smiling. How anyone can not feel fear fighting for real against that is madness to me.

Petra instantly changes up her approach aiming for my left side and there's only so much my dagger can do before it ends up being pointless, no defence is capable of withstanding multiple attacks happening in split seconds of themselves. Once again, it's my loss with her sword resting firmly against my neck, I didn't even see that second and third attack go in then! She really is unbeatable.

"You know just how freaking terrifying it is to face you like that, right? It's like fighting a wild beast or dog!"

"Heh... I'll try and take that as a compliment Ikarus, even if you just compared me to a dog"

"You know it was meant in a nice way though... Besides, if you were a dog, you'd be all mine to pet, or that could be your nickname as well!"

...