Chapter 45 - Desert

(Zeki) "This is fucking horrible, flying sucks"

(Ariza) "It's not great"

After having a meal in their cave, spending the night on the sofa and waking up having breakfast, we all set off towards the desert continent. We've been flying for about a good hour now.

I'm currently flying high with both the other two phoenixes alongside, both those two's phoenix form match with their hair colour so I've got a blue and red bird flying both sides of me, they also share similar sizes to me as well. Petra is on my back since there wasn't any chance I'm going to force her to fly if it hurts to.

Petra somehow managed to convince these two to come along with us, I'm guessing she's offered them massive bribes to do such a thing. This isn't going to get annoying fast; no one is freaking normal on this continent. That expression doesn't work anymore, we've just crossed the river into the desert continent now.

"Why is it fair that you get to ride on orangey and we don't?"

I'm unsure if I like being called orangey or not but I'll give him an answer to that question despite him asking it to Petra anyway.

"That's because I like Petra kid, you're a colossal pain in the arse"

"Heh, I like you too Ikarus"

Okay, that wasn't meant to come out that way but I can't exactly take my words back now, I'll just pretend I didn't say that.

(Zeki) "Urr, I'm going to turn you into orange chicken one day"

It turns out, those two really don't like going outside in the slightest, it's actually a little sad thinking about it. The cave is nice and all but still, there's not even a window inside, it must get a little stuffy. It's not like my parents cave where you can actually get a breeze come in on windy days since they have a small tiny doorway but oh well, the place is more than nice enough I guess.

Ariza seems more anxious over the entire thing, Zeki is slightly different but similar to me when it comes to moaning but is ten times worse, there might be a new contender for the most annoying person I've come across now.

"Petra, why did you suggest taking these two with us anyway?"

Seems a very reasonable question seeing that those two don't like the outside world.

"It'll be much safer Ikarus. Despite their quirks, Zeki is a brute when it comes to fighting and Ariza is a brilliant healer. We're unsure on what the upcoming dungeon is so doesn't hurt to be cautious"

The prince never actually gave a detailed explanation on the dungeons in the elven continent and the desert, the only info we've got to go off right now is that some residents of a town should know of the location where to go.

(Zeki) "Hah, I'm a proper brute and excellent fighter, my skill is even maxed out for fighting"

(Ariza) "That's too much praise Petra"

Zeki seems to like being called a brute and Ariza doesn't like the idea of being praised, maybe me and Ariza have a slight amount in common then.

I do wonder if this party of four phoenixes will be stronger than the other four. Actually, of course it will, none of us have to rely on a God who may or may not be taking a nap or unable to communicate inside a dungeon. This should be much easier if I can stomach the obvious irritating red elephant in the room.

"Seriously older sis, we don't have to go out in so long and the first thing you do is make us go to the desert as well as help out a stranger"

"Zeki is being over the top like usual but even I'm not a fan of this"