Chapter 95 - Dwarven Kingdom

"Hey Aesa, when was it the last time we were over here?"

[<-User- and target Petra were last in dwarven kingdom 212 days ago>]

"Wow, it's basically been seven months? Doesn't time flyby"

I'm purposely speaking out loud simply because Petra seemed interested on the last time we were over here as well; Aesa is basically a portable calendar after all. Actually, I'll discard that comparison otherwise it might piss her off being compared to that.

"Heh, wonder the reason for time flying by Ikarus"

Is she being serious or was that her being playful? Either way, it's down to her being around, she does end up taking up a lot of my focus after all.

"Do I seriously need to say the reason out loud? It's obviously because you're so distracting in a good way"

"Heh, good answer"

Quite a lot has happened in the last month, maybe not that much but we did spend more than half of that time still on that island transporting ore to the smithy. Now when we come back, there's going to be loads of smelted gold waiting for us ready to be sold in bulk. Of course, there is the possibility that guy can't be trusted and he tries to flee with it, I actually have a plan for that in mind.

See, all I need his scent and with the help of two dragons, he could basically be tracked to any part of the world so I made sure to take something of his before leaving just to be on the safe side. Sure, that's sounds a little weird taking something for someone's scent but then with this amount of gold at stake, it really isn't that weird.

There was also some more progress down in the mine but it's still going to go pretty slow, there's a lot of makeshift wooden scaffolding all around the place as well and the starts of several mineshafts are currently being built. There's no point really giving constant updates on what's going on down there anymore since Jaxon is pretty damn brilliant at handling anything mine related.

Oh... there is something else I might need to mention, an update that you might be a little disappointed about not knowing straight away, me and Petra kinda slept together... NO! Not in that way, ahem... What I actually mean is that we slept together in human form in an extremely family friendly way like two girls having a sleep over, no funny business of anything like that, just a bit of hand holding and a quick kiss before going to sleep.

It only happened the once and was before we set off, Petra did me some more of her famous chicken and that clearly manipulates my mind into making another step forward. Blame the fried chicken, not this orange bird obsessed with it and the person who makes it. That being said, the reason why it hasn't happened more than once since then is because of Petra, she still rarely sleeps and is an extremely light sleeper waking up at nearly anything when she's out. Seriously though, I think even my blinking might've kept her up, didn't actually sleep great as well but that's Petra's fault this time. If she wasn't so beautiful to look at, then it might've been easier to sleep.

Next time we share a bed together, should we hug or do something else as well?... I really need to give it some proper thought, that night surprised me on how little it actually flustered me out. I was even giving it some serious thought about it and even then, the idea of potentially doing anything further didn't feel like something that seemed completely overwhelming. I'm not saying we're going to try something tomorrow or even the next night she sleeps but it might be sooner rather than later at this point...

Let's just move on was all this Ikarus being ready crap, the return to the dwarven kingdom is here! The journey was long and uninspiring but travelling the continents do have that effect I'm afraid, most of this forest is unpopulated with the exceptions being the odd elven tribe, bandit group or ruin. We follow the coast so other than that old vampire village Petra wiped out, there's nothing much of note.