Chapter 31 - Bandit Massacre

(Temporary Perspective Change)

"Wh-, what the hell is going on?"

Waking up sitting up against a log, I can't help but get panicked from all the destruction around me. I quickly pull myself up of the ground and start walking around the hellhole I've woken in.

I know I shouldn't have been sleeping since it's my guard shift but none of the soldiers ever come this far into the forest so what's the point? This is a perfect place for a large hideout yet why are we under attack? We've been purposely avoiding robbing the knights in fear of retaliation and now, this is happening.

The entire camp we've spent months building and turning into a raiders paradise is surrounded in flame, every direction fire burns into the night sky. People are trying to fill buckets of water to try and put it out but nothing's working.

"Where the hell is the fire coming from?"

"It's a bloody dragon"

A dragon? Why the fuck is there a dragon over here? Their supposed to be extinct, aren't they? That comrade who just spoked to me has started to run off as well now.

I can't help but look depressed and shocked while staring at everything and everyone, all that work we've done robbing and raiding has just gone in a split second.

"Shit! There's intruders by the fro-"

I look to where another one of my comrades was shouting from and see a bright sword that looks like it doesn't belong in this world sticking through his chest.

Then, without warning, I hear a sinister laugh from the dark heavens and see a spewing flame of fire heading towards my direction, I don't think I can avoid it.

"What is hap-

__________

"Muhahahaha!"

Watching all the little humans flee from my flames is absolutely brilliant, there's nothing they can do except run around like headless chickens. Some have tried shooting arrows towards me but it's beyond pointless since they can barely see me when I'm not spewing flame.

I've already lit up all the buildings and most of the tents, now I'm just looking for any free kills. It's not that easy to get them though since my flame isn't as strong as I would prefer it to be, I do have to try and preserve it to make it last longer. I'm getting way too many hitmarkers at the moment with my weakened beak flamethrower.

'Aesa, magic'

[<32% remaining>]

I'll keep this up for another minute or two and then join my party, they've started wreaking havoc as well now.

Spreading more fire over the camp for more than enough time now, I start flying my way back to my party and plan on making a cool entrance. Unfortunately, I can't do a superhero landing in this form, I'll just have to land on one of the bandits who is currently trying to flank the party.

(Bandit) "Arg-"

'I actually feel sorry for the guy I just crushed. Oh well'

Currently, my party is surrounded by at least two dozen bandits and are tearing through the bandits like a knife through butter, I've just landed a little bit away from them in the camp itself.

"You will repent and all pay for your sins heathens"

"The royal knights would have a field day with you incompetent bastards"

"..."

The sight of three people fighting together was actually pretty cool, the priestess was using her huge summoned sword crashing into bandits left and right, the knight was fighting slightly more tactical and only slashing when he needed and for the blind woman, she was the most impressive out of the lot. Her stance looked a tiny bit carefree but every time a bandit even got close to her, her speed with the sword was out of this world, you could barely see her blade move through the air.