Chapter 13 - Bandits

<Can you smell that Dermak?>

<Yeah, it's really close. That brings back some memories>

'Urgh... It's the first thing in the morning, have some consideration for the sleeping animals'

Back in the nest, I wake up to the sound of my stupid parents chatting about something, I have no idea what about though. I'm in the nest with Minos in my bird form, brother is still asleep.

<Good memories, Dermak?>

<Of course my dear>

These two are getting chummy together and father is even sitting on mother's lap, this is making me want to puke. What a horrible sight to wake up to.

"Oh, come on! There are innocent eyes in this cave you know!"

[<Minos is sleeping. -User- is not innocent>]

'Aesa, you need a mute button. This isn't your conversation, shoo'

<We're only hugging Ikarus>

<Your mother is right, there is no nasty business going on>

"That's not the poin- forget it, I can't win against you two. What is even so interesting that you have to stain this bird's eyes?"

I'm not against acts of romance. Back on Earth, I was a hopeless romantic myself until I had a bad experience with someone and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. That's a story for another time though. As for this situation, I just would prefer not seeing my parents being this chummy and having to wake up to such a sight. It's definitely not out of jealously or anything like that, I swear!

<Humans are trespassing in the forest, little one>

<Yeah, the smell is giving me and your father happy memories>

"Wait, are the mage and the captain back already!?"

I should probably give some context; the two humans got a message sent from a knight on a wyvern saying they needed to get back to the capital as soon as possible. The message literally came roughly an hour after we ate that stew, that was two weeks ago perhaps?

I still haven't received the punishment promised and I doubt Leone will ever forget about it, I really hope it isn't them now. Please God, don't let it be that evil battlemage.

<No little one, this group of three reek of human alcohol>

Ah good, that's some needless worry gone. Thinking about it, I forgot to mention something really important that the mage helped me with before she left. Basically, long story short, I can now easily change form without help. When I'm in bird form, the choker attaches itself to my leg, in human, still on my neck. All I need to do is inject some magic and it works like a charm!

Unsure on the magic she actually did on it but it doesn't make up for her personality being terrible even though it helps.

Going back to listening to my parents.

<They might be called... Erm... what do humans call criminals again Dermak?>

<Bandits darling>

<Ah, that. They're definitely bandits, they smell dirty, that does bring back that funny memory>

<I know darling, that was a really fun and terrifying time>

A group of bandits have wandered into the woods? I could try and handle them and get loads of EXP but I don't know if I can take the risk and stomach killing another human.