Chapter 84 - Getting Closer

(Temporary Perspective Change)

"So then Leone... what do you think of her? Or are you going to remain in a mood?"

"My irritation is at you, already told you she would be resistant to the crest, waste of time"

After Ikarus and that old blind bat have left, it's just me and Alistair in the throne room, he sent the guards away so we could have a quick chat before the advisors get sent in. They can clearly wait as long as he needs, this conversation is pointless though, did tell him using the pacification crest wouldn't work but the brat wouldn't listen like usual, thinks he always knows best.

It's clear those two lovebirds have been up to something, I'm curious on what's going to happen but that's something for another time, there's always better things to do then wonder what Ikarus may or may not be planning after all. With another phoenix by her side, it's extremely likely something will happen.

I'm leaving in a second anyways, this throne is uncomfortable but there's nowhere else to sit in this room, the only reason he called me in here was to do his bidding but I did already tell him some people cannot be affected by the crest. Still refuses to listen despite my best advice.

"She's that powerful then? That still doesn't answer my question"

"She's of no concern, like I've told you before once again, just allow Ikarus to get on with it and ignore who she hangs around"

'Hmph, you really should be worried if you weren't so arrogant'

It seems my response has made him think a little but more down to irritation.

"You know I can't allow such a thing, a random woman with the power to rival your own turning up in the middle of nowhere is going to be a concern"

"Maybe, but there's nothing you can do to stop it. Even if you could, you still wouldn't, you've never been that blunt"

He's always been fixated on control after all. Even as a child, the specific actions and duties he'd have the maids perform always came across a little odd. It's never been anything perverted, I'm pretty sure this brat has no interest in such a mundane thing but it's always been about controlling little aspects and skewing peoples' mindsets to go and think a certain way. When he encounters someone who that won't work on, then he starts to overthink and worry about things, I'm still not getting involved on whatever's going to happen so he can handle it himself, he'd rather do it that way anyways.

"Yeah, you're probably right... there is something else though, you really think those two are in love?"

"Definitely"

Even though the little knight and that insufferable priestess have given their reports and have tried to be tight lipped on those two, it's obvious something is going on. Each to their own I guess, never seen the point in such a thing especially with a member of the same gender but it's not like it's unheard of, at least if you know how to look. The church would despise the idea of such a thing and try to burn them at the stake though.

"Hmm..."

Like with usual with this bratty prince, he can't help but start to tap either his chin or the table, in this case the arm rest of the throne when he's thinking heavily on something, it's such an odd thing for someone who refuses to allow his true emotion to be seen but then again, he always tries to keep a façade so it's bound to slip up at some points.

"... She's seriously of no use then? Don't answer, I believe you, just it would be more suitable to have someone trustworthy watching that bird"

'The knight and priestess aren't really trustworthy but he clearly hasn't realized that either'