Chapter 137 - End Times

"..."

"..."

'Dear God... it's like the end times have come. This took us way too long to get back out'

Both of us are speechless from the sight that greets us upon exiting the mine, to think they even have an air force.

Flying across the sky like an airborne armada is literally an entire army full of flying creatures being piloted by demons. Red in colour looking slightly wyvern like, father would be disgusted by what they are but focusing on that is extremely dumb right now. It looks like the demons had more than just one way of attacking, that being from the skies as well as any caves loitering about.

"We really need to get back now Ikarus"

"Sure sure"

Just as I'm switching into bird form, something else flies into sight catching one of flying demons ripping it to shreds midair. I'd be terrified if I didn't know who the red culprit was.

<HOW DARE YOU VILE CREATURES ATTACK IKARUS'S HOME!!>

The red dragon lands proud with blood in her mouth and a vengeance that could destroy all. Having a literal badass for a mother negates any fear from seeing her look like that. Witnessing your mother basically just tear a demon apart right in front of you really isn't something I thought I'd be witnessing today but hey, any help against this invasion is appreciated.

'Mother? The hell you doing here??'

<IKARUS!?! Ah, apologies for the introduction, I just had to make sure you were okay! Got over here as soon as I could>

'You have any clue what the fuck is going on right now?'

<Language Ikarus. Me and your father aren't too sure but the majin race have decided to show their ugly faces back on this continent. Him and Minos are currently defending the capital since it's even worse over there>

Ah, can never forget about father's deal with the old empire that's carried over. He's supposed to protect the empire from demon threats so it makes sense why he'd be doing that... hang on...

'Wait, they're attacking elsewhere?'

<They're attacking everywhere Ikarus! From dwarven lands to the elven, in the swamplands to even in the far reaches of the deserts. We've sent word to every dragon regarding this issue and hopefully they'll be able to assist elsewhere too. A majin invasion is no good even for our kind as well>

A full-on demonic invasion of the entire world just so happens like this? I can see why Dionysus sent over Charlotte if this was the potential outcome. Can't believe dragons have become the unofficial protectors of the world as well.

We need to get a move on but if other places are in danger, then mother probably shouldn't be here, right? Our islands are full of extremely powerful people so having the most powerful creature in the entire world might be overdoing a little, maybe?

'If the entire world is in danger mother, then you really shouldn't remain here. I appreciate the help, it's just that you must be needed elsewhere, right?'

<But Ikarus... you're probably right. Just let me help out rip apart all those flying creatures first>

'Okay, you do that'

And so, mother flies off to grab another mouthful of demon but making sure to leave another message before leaving our sight.

<One last thing... Petra, please make sure Ikarus doesn't lose her way. There is a certain appeal to spilling demon blood and I really don't want her to lose focus of what's important>