Chapter 40 - Realization

"Hehehehe"

"You really seem happy Ikarus"

"You have no idea knight"

We've all just left that dungeon and I can't help but keep giggling to myself, the rewards for that place were dope. Notice how I say rewards as well, I received two rewards from that place.

The first of the rewards was an enchanted blade, well, it's more the size of a bowie knife but it's pretty epic. Imagine a red and black zombie knife that is sharp as fuck and can cut through most things, I think that might be what the enchantment on it is, extra sharpness!

That was the generic reward for completing the place that anyone could've gotten, the vampire confirmed as much when giving it to me. This knife should in theory go to the empire since it's enchanted but there's no chance I'm giving up this little beauty.

The second was an ability both me and Petra received that the vampire had no idea on which Aesa went through with me, this reward was just as good as the first.

The ability in question is called undead fiend, sounds pretty shit right? You'd be mistaken, undead fiend allows me to turn completely invisible just like that, it probably has something to do with the fact we encountered ghosts down there.

It's not perfect since it has a twenty-four-hour cooldown when being deactivated and certain actions like using attacks switches it off but when it's being used for something like spying, it will not switch off till I want it to.

Petra doesn't seem to be all that excited about what we've gained, I guess she already had loads of powerful abilities hidden away so this type of thing is probably meaningless to her.

I can probably find some use for this down the line. If I was perverted, I could use it for spying on people but I'm not though, no point looking at other naked people if you're alread- no, I'm just turning into a narcissist again so I'm trying to cut that out now.

We're currently walking through a short cave that connects to a secret back entrance to that dungeon, I still can't help but keep giggling, I finally have an actual useable ability and it doesn't seem shit as well. I'm just happier it isn't another stat, resistance or EXP thing really.

"Hehe"

"You know, you look cute when you giggle"

...

Okay, where did that come from, if she's going to say dumb shit like that, I'm not laughing anymore. Why are both my other party members looking a little unsure as well?

Wait, she just called me cute? Nah, I'm not dealing with her teasing right now, she's blind, how the hell could she even tell? I know I am but still.

We've also just arrived at the entrance to the cave as well.

(Ikarus) "Fresh air... tis bout time"

(Nathan) "You can never really appreciate the little things till you've spent a month underground"

"Thank the Lord for getting us through that"

(Petra) "..."

All of us take in the fresh air, spending that long down there really makes you value just how good the outside really is.

I feel like Petra is upset at something but I'm not sure why though, she'll speak if she wants to share, I guess.

Need to change form and then it's time to head off, there's something close to the next dungeon I want to pay a visit to beforehand though. This is gonna be fun!