Chapter 109 - More Problems

(Ikarus) "What the hell has gone on here?"

(Petra) "*Sigh*, we haven't even been gone three weeks"

"Orangey's and sis's favourite place has been destroyed"

"Uh huh, what's happened?"

The inn! It might as well be the end of the world, it's completely devastated and destroyed...we've just arrived back at the settlement to find that inn we've always been staying at is in complete rubble... what bastard decided to do such an evil act!? This is beyond terrible! It's strangely the only building in this place like such, is someone now targeting us or am I being paranoid?

It seems that out of us concerned looking four though, Petra might have an idea who the culprit may be. It would've been nice if my dragon family were still in town to help sniff them out but Petra's already sensed that they've left and it appears she's sensing something else now... she's like a sniffer dog but I really don't want to compare Petra to something like that.

"Ikarus... I've got an idea on who's done this, it would be a strange coincidence if it wasn't her"

"Who did this then older sis?"

"Uh huh, who?"

"You'll recognize them in a second, *sigh*... follow me"

Following Petra after being questioned by Zeki and Ariza, we make our ways back into the town market and find a very noticeable pink person speaking with Marcus and the old inn owner. She must be the culprit, why else would she be here and talking with them?

"That fucking Penelope bitch did this to our beloved inn!?"

"You want to attack her orangey? I'll back you up if we're doing this"

As much as I like Zeki's suggestion to attack the extremely pink gender swapped Penelope, that's not exactly going to work, is it? Pretty sure she was in the seven hundreds last status check way back at the Magi guild as well; it would give a load of EXP but it may destroy the island in the process. Also, I should probably try and calm it otherwise I'll blow a fuse, I actually am pretty pissed right now, I really liked that place.

"You and Ariza can leave if you want, there's no chance this will turn nasty Zeki"

"Yeah, Petra's right, you two will just be bored dealing with this sort of stuff if we're apparently going to resolve it peacefully"

Is Petra one hundred percent sure about that though? She liked that place just as much as I and like that, it's gone. I guess Marcus might've had a similar feeling when Petra burnt down the town hall... we really need to build a new place, hopefully everything can start to move forward when the empire's ship moves into port but that's planned to be on the same day the dwarven ships arrive as well. We're maybe a week and a half from that but it could take longer depending on how the waves and wind are.

"But all your stuff was in that place sis! You must've left something valuable in there!"

(Petra) "*Sigh*... we're not fighting her Zeki, end of"

Is Zeki seriously trying to convince us to start a fight? Both of us wouldn't have lost anything important other than a toothbrush or two in that place, everything else always get stored away since it just seems a little risky to leave stuff lying about... I understand the irony seeing that all the silver is still in the warehouse. That's fineee though...

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure there were more guards around there, I guess Marcus has already sorted that problem out for now until we build a vault or a treasury. I swear the second the ship carrying the bronzes and coppers arrive, there's going to be new buildings being built all around the place. That was one of the council meeting topics remembering it, I really should stop drifting off through them and pay attention more since I really don't pay much attention to all the mundane number stuff and end up forgetting anything interesting. That being said, I do still kinda focus through it but there's just too many numbers, the damn numbers...