Chapter 100 - Onlooker

(Temporary Perspective Change)

"And that... is the perfect time to stop watching those two"

"What do you mean boy? This the perfect time FOR watching, don't switch it off just yet"

That's not surprising, father has always been a fiend when it comes to this sort of thing. Can't say I blame him too much since there is enjoyment to be found watching mortals go at it but alas, it really isn't the time.

"Really Zeus? You want to watch two mortals getting it on while me, your son is alongside you? Are you going senile old man or are you just a perve?"

"Bah... switch it off then boy"

Me and the old coot Zeus have been keeping track on the 'world ender' Ikarus and that unfortunately means watching a lot of her daily life, it just so happens she and her partner are enjoying themselves a little too much right now. Like most Gods up here, I'm all for that type of thing but it does feel a little indecent to peek on something like that so switching it off is clearly the right thing to do. Also, watching with a family member really isn't right either.

This white marbled room has multiple monitors to fixate and view specifically chosen individuals, this one is the official Olympus viewing station despite there being loads more if you know where to look. I'm pretty sure the mortals down in the more advanced worlds have something similar called televisions or computers? It matters little since contact on those worlds are out of our control but bits and pieces of information do get out, especially when some mortals are able to be reincarnated or reborn.

Ah yeah, I know about Ikarus's rebirth or her evolving, was actually watching when that tree spirit brought more to light but father has no clue on that just yet. If he did, he'd instantly blame Hades despite my other uncle being clueless on the reincarnations, at least I think the leader of the underworld is. I'd think he would've said something if he found out about dead people somehow being brought back to life using their original bodies as the base but there's been nothing on that side of things... yet. That's even if they had died beforehand, I'm pretty much as clueless as the little phoenix on the whys of such a thing.

"Anyways, you wanting my report or are you sulking about missing out on the mortals mating session?"

"Bah, must you persist in your annoying pursuit boy? There's no need for watching if I can easily get the whole thing anytime I please..."

'And yet, more and more women are pushing him away, I wonder when he last spoke to Hera'

"... Anyways, there's no need for a report this time, I've seen enough for now so I'm satisfied"

"You're satisfied? What that supposed to mean?"

"What it means Dionysus, is don't worry about it... you just keep on observing and try not to drink too much while doing so"

Zeus leaves the small viewing station and now it's just me alone, what in Tartarus is that supposed to mean though? Forget worrying, I've tried to do my part playing down everything I've seen before in the reports but there's only so much I can do.

To actually think how close he came to seeing something though, one of his earliest visits just so happened to come after the testing explosions. If he had seen that actually happen, there's no chance he wouldn't have found some excuse to try and kill her by using someone. The problem is, war is inevitable with anything prophecy related, us younglings have looked into the older lots history too much but at if there's a chance I can delay or even convince him otherwise, then I'm playing my part for now. That's not to say I'm alone though.

Enough of the serious stuff, I'll 'accidently' lock the door and get back in contact with my incantation. Despite her living quite the peaceful life recently, she does need to hear my voice every now and then.