Chapter 15 - Quest

So, the quest to cure my curse begins! I'm unironically looking forward to this, I bet I'll have to slug it through heaven and hell, fight creatures from mythical legends all to give myself a chance at everlasting life. If I put it that way, this quest sounds bloody brilliant!

There is a slight problem though.

I'm unsure how to actually go about this.

I think my best chance of finding someone who can help is the battlemage but she and the captain still aren't back. I could go to the capital and try to find them but that's like trying to find a needle in a haystack, they could literally be anywhere in the city. The palace is another option to ask for that prince Alistair guy but I doubt the guards would even consider sending a message to him.

I've purposely left the most important part of it as well, none of the family actually know which city it even is. Both parents have a rough idea but flying over to have a quick check is something that needs to be avoided.

So, the only thing I can think of right now is waiting for the next messenger to visit the cave and using them for help. The problem is, they only come after a set amount of time.

It's been roughly half a month and they still haven't arrived yet.

__________

'Status'

[Name: Ikarus | Species: Phoenix | Level: 21]

[Health 3,484/3,500]

[Stamina 3,467/3,500]

[Magicka 3,500/3,500]

'Look Aesa, this curse is so freaking dumb, I've lost sixteen days of life already!'

[<-User- is not far from next level>]

'Really? Ah, that's good then, that's another five hundred days'

If it isn't obvious, I'm going to add every single point into health as I level up. I won't be able to improve my energy or magic consumption for the time being but that should make sense why. I've also been purposely hunting as much as I possibly can as well recently, that also should also be obvious why. More EXP equals more stat points so which gives more life for this mighty bird.

'Why couldn't it be a cool curse like growing a third limb or something like that?'

[<-User- is disgusting>]

'Dirty Aesa, get your mind out of the gutter! I said limb, not third leg. Bad system!'

<They're back little one>

"They're back already? That was quick"

Tis just me and my old man in the cave right now, both the other dragons have gone hunting for our lunch today.

<No little one, the messenger. Can smell the abomination he's riding on>

Damn this guy's casual racism, he's going to say something that gets us cancelled soon.

Off in the distance, I can see the messenger on the wyvern above the mountain range. As he gets slowly closer and closer, suddenly, two other flying beasts appear right in front of the cave coming from nowhere.

<Ikarus! The messenger is here!>

"Cu!"

"*Sigh*... Just get in the cave already. The guy won't have a place to land"

<Little one is right>

A little time passes and we've all cleared the entrance allowing the flying knight to land into the cave. Once he's landed and starting to get of the wyvern, I notice he has a familiar face.