Chapter 58 - Aurora

"Ikarus-sama and Petra-sama!"

"Looks like you two are here"

The knight and priestess seem have arrived here before us, it was a good thing to try and catch the train a bit earlier since there was a problem, we couldn't actually get on the first few trains since it seemed to be peak dwarven rush hour times. The train we did end up getting on was fully packed and was a terrible experience, thankfully that's over now though.

"Did you two enjoy yourselves?"

"Yes Ikarus-sama, the temples were most excellent"

"There's a surprising amount to do in this kingdom, we also went shopping and did some other things too"

They're also holding hands but so am I and Petra, I wonder if their relationship has developed any further since then. It probably hasn't but I won't ask about it, they'd get too embarrassed over the whole thing like usual.

"Good to hear then, shall we head on over the bridge?"

"Okay Ikarus-sama"

(Nathan) "Yeah, time to go then"

(Petra) "Let's get a move on"

It's now officially time to leave to dwarven kingdom, what a weird experience, mostly down to the gnome and Petra being Petra, not that it was a bad thing...

__________

"Erm, you three see that?"

"Yes Ikarus-sama, that's a big animal"

(Nathan) "That's a bloody big bear"

(Petra) "He is slightly on the large side"

During our flight over to the city of Aurora, we've just noticed a huge bear sleeping on the floor in a small opening in the pine woods. This guy is larger than me and I'm basically an elephant, he's that big. He also appears to look slightly red, unknown if it's his blood or he's become stained from killing other creatures, he looks really dangerous regardless.

"I'm going to get a closer look"

Of course, I want to give him a quick look if he's dangerous, what the point in having no danger in life? We haven't been in much combat recently, need to force a fight or two every now and then.

While still flying in the sky, I descend down a lot till I'm just hovering over the gigantic sleeping bear, I'm still far enough away to be safe but I need to get a proper look at him.

'Status'

[Name: _____ | Species: Bear | Level: 378]

[Health 40,000/40,000]

[Stamina 24,810/26,150]

[Magicka 0/0]

'Damn, that's a beefy bear, this guy must work out everyday or something'

[<Species bear has 1.75x distribution multiplier>]

'You don't have to do that unless I ask Aesa but thanks anyway. Still, this guy could be a good test for something'

This does seem like an opportunity though to have a proper test of my giant ability; I've used it once or twice on enemies that have been too weak but the effect it provided was too much.

Simply put, it was overkill. The wolf I previously used it on exploded after I applied the ability to a kick. Yeah, I'm not kidding, the poor creature literally exploded everywhere after the kick, went all over me and had to find water to bathe in afterwards. Gross.

Still want to give it a try though, maybe it might not be overkill since this guy has forty-thousand HP.

"Oi, you three alright if I kill this guy?"