Chapter 75 - Sickness

"Can't believe the dryad is gone"

"Why orangey? It's not like anyone wanted her here"

(Ariza) "You don't mean that Zeki, stop being mean just for the sake of it"

"Err, fine"

"..."

We're now back on course towards the desert continent, this time with all the other phoenixes up on my back and a woman short. The dryad Ria decided to part ways with us just before setting off saying she had some things to do and travelling with us any further away from the elven continent would be a little risky. I guess even she has some priorities, she is supposed to be a protector of the forest after all, a desert is a lot different to a forest, obviously.

Zeki's been in a foul mood ever since, he's such a tsundare missing his tree woman, I may have teased him once or twice about that and he really didn't take it well. It's funny how even someone with a personality as bad as him can still find love, even if he'll deny it forever. At least they suit each other, that dryad can be just as insulting as him at times so it's probably for the best we're only dealing with one obnoxious person for now.

Mr and Mrs obnoxious, I dread to think how their wedding would be, probably would be held in a graveyard with corpses hanging up from trees, tis a match made in heaven but I must stop it now though.

"What's the eta?"

Estimated time of arrival...

"There should be a desert village in a day or two, point it out when we get there"

Petra's on map duty this time around, obviously can't forget her ability eyesight only has limited range so I doubt she can see even see the floor of this desert right about now. I do wonder how she's even able to fly in phoenix form if her sight can't keep up but I guess if you fly high and slow enough, bumping into obstacles like trees would never happen.

That's kinda cute thinking about it, seeing the bird version of Petra flying into the tree bumping her head. Obviously I wouldn't her to ever get hurt, it would just mean I could look after her if she ever got hurt and bedridden, make her a bowls of soup and give her a bed massage if she needed it. Damn, I'm weird...

"Ahem... we're skipping rest tonight; I'm getting there asap"

As soon as possible, I'm not using these terms anymore. I've honestly made myself a little flustered now, stupid bird.

__________

(Ikarus) "Wow... I don't think I've seen a camel since I was child visiting a zoo"

(Ariza) "Aww, I love animals"

(Zeki) "Yup, camels do taste great brother"

(Petra) "Heh"

(Ariza) "That's not what I meant Zeki!"

Me and Ariza are currently petting a tamed camel we've come across, it's really just Ariza doing it since I already had my share of petting, camels aren't really petting animals thinking about it. I'm actually a little surprised this is the first one we've come across but they don't seem all that common out here in the desert, at least in the middle country with the pyramid, think that country's name was Mitte. The one we're currently in is called Lenk, the western country out of the three desert lands.

"You don't find that many humans like camels"

"All animals are fun and cute in their own ways, even Mr camel here"

The beastman on the back of the camel talks to Ariza in a sweet, friendly voice, he clearly is a little surprised for Ariza's love of animals. So am I if I'm being honest, she's been petting that guy for long enough, the camel even seems a little bored now.