Chapter 124 - Monastery's Shield

And so, I charge towards the heavily armoured paladin equipped with my vampiric blade and readying a powerful charged tornado attack in the other hand. Swiftly releasing it towards him, it lands but looks to barely do anything. It actually looks like this guy might be completely resistant to fire.

'Status'

[Name: Francis | Species: Mecha | Level: 100]

[Health 7,699/20,000]

[Stamina 8,238/10,000]

[Magicka 13,619/20,000]

'Petra was right, that basically did nothing but twenty points'

This fight is going to be difficult if charged attacks basically do nothing, at least it's interesting to know fire does in fact do damage. Maybe there's a workaround there but not too sure just yet.

[<Magicka reserves are currently at 72%, does -Ikarus- wish to activate -aspect of gigantomachy-?>]

'Of course, you read my mind'

While I'm preparing for my next attack, it seems whatever the stationary mecha was planning is now ready to go. Aiming out his mechanical arm, an attached crossbow looking device starts to shoot out projectiles.

'Hang on... are those fucking missiles!?'

Easily managing to dodge the first few on the ground, without even thinking about it I change my approach once I see that they have an explosive effect upon impact. I open back up my wings and try to avoid the incoming explosives and luckily enough manage to get out of the way of any of the incoming shots. That was way too close for comfort though.

This is so fucking dumb but enough complaining, I've got to deal with this guy but those explosive arrows on his arm really make things difficult. Without having wings right now, these would be nearly impossible to avoid, I can definitely see why Petra struggled a little. She doesn't have the benefit I have when it comes to having wings and arms, I also couldn't see her power kicking this guy to death as well. She's way too graceful for that sort of thing and I could definitely see myself stubbing a talon or two doing that.

"Trying to fly about will not save you from redemption sinner!"

Again, I'm still flying about trying to avoid getting hit at all costs, it's a good thing the sun is currently setting behind me otherwise I could see him landing a shot or two. It must be blinding him slightly, it's either that or his aim is shit. Could be both but I've already made enough terrible aim references for one day.

After that first barrage of attacks has finished, he seems to be out of ammo and needs to quickly reload. Knowing I have a chance, I rapidly descend flying head first into the path of the white armoured mecha and slash my blade towards him while gliding past. That would've looked baddass but all I want to do is rip this guy's throat out right now.

The impact from aspect never leaves anything to be desired so the mecha finds itself being tossed back a slight distance away. Unfortunately, he gets straight back up nearly instantly making me question my life choices.

"Whoa... that's the second one of those attacks you two creatures have tried now, it's always a mystery how God allows such power to fall into unworthy hands but his will shall never be questioned"

'Thought that wouldn't fucking work, status again'

[Name: Francis | Species: Mecha | Level: 100]

[Health 2,699/20,000]

[Stamina 8,236/10,000]

[Magicka 12,626/20,000]

'Exactly five thousand... say Aesa, you think his resistances are around ninety percent? At least minimum wise, I've never known my magic to be that low so it must be varied... this is going to be a right grind now, I wonder if that could wor-'