Chapter 39 - Completion

Once we've all rested and done everything that we've done every floor leading up to this point, we all together walk into level sixty-seven.

The next room is back to the same red button layout, the walls and the floor this time are black, similar looking to how the first labyrinth dungeon was.

All of us are ready to fight so I go up to the button. Once I press the button, a group of six dog looking creatures start magically appearing out of thin air surrounding the outsides of the room. These creatures are pure black in colour and have red eyes with sharp looking teeth, also have a slight shine to them as well.

Petra hasn't taken lead of the group yet, is she confused with these creatures as well?

"Has anyone ever faced these creatures before?"

(Petra) "Sorry Ikarus, haven't"

(Charlotte) "I haven't either"

(Nathan) "Same here"

As I finish speaking, all six of the hellhounds charge towards our group all in several directions, Petra steps forward to fire a dark fireball at one of the hounds, it doesn't stop it in its tracks but it seems Petra knew that would happen.

"Thought so, magic won't work, physical attacks only now"

'Status'

[<Won't work -user->]

I thought to give the status screen a try just before our fight is about to commence but it obviously didn't work, it only seems to work on bosses down here.

All six creatures are now in close range and one of them approaches me to attack. It dives at me and I thrust and stab at it mid-air, it thankfully kills the creature but my sword gets stuck inside the damn thing.

While I was dealing with my dog, all three of my party members are in their own battle, I don't have the time to watch though, another beast has aimed for me.

(Ikarus) "Stupid dog"

As I'm pulling out my blade from the creature I just killed, the other dog jumps towards me but I still haven't pulled my sword out just yet and I cannot block or dodge this, this beast is going to get a bite out of me.

I tense up and try to block it with my other arm in anticipation of the attack but just before the creature's teeth sinks into my arm, a sword slices the head of the creature off.

"Alright Ikarus?"

Thankfully, Petra has my back covered. The fight is now over as well, all six of the dogs are now dead. I'm not the only one who just had a close call though.

The knight has taken a bite wound from one of the creatures, his arm looks pretty nasty, it wasn't his main sword arm so he should still be able to fight, maybe not perfectly though.

"I'm such an idiot, what knight can't take two dogs on at once?"

"Don't be like that Nat, they weren't easy creatures to deal with"

Me and Petra just let Charlotte sort his wound out, she will more than happily attend to him. I need to thank Petra anyway, that bite would've hurt.

"Thanks for the assist, that puppy nearly got a bite of this chicken. Well, human looking chicken right now"

"Heh, you're welcome"

Might as well make a joke out of it, the speed on those creatures is a little bit out of my comfort zone. Seriously though, if magic is pointless, then multiple of them at once is slightly too much for me, way too fast for my lacking sword skills to handle. Petra and Charlotte look to have no issue with them though.