Chapter 149 - Rescue Planning

(Denver) "What the fuck!? How the hell did you lot get in here!?!"

"Heh, you really wasted no time getting us to where we needed Ikarus"

"Hey! Where else would I go other than the throne room Petra? It saves loads of walking time, right? Even if we probably shouldn't be here right now though"

"Erk, that TP bullshit makes me feel sick"

"Uh huh, me a little as well Zeki. That's not a great feeling"

"You two should've trained your bodies more when you were in the empire"

"Be kind to them Nat, most people can't handle that training"

Having just arrived in Jarl Denver's throne cave-room in a split second due to the teleportation, all six of us are greeted to the kid jarl half-dressed clearly having just gotten out of the bath.

Almost instantly as well, the entire room fills with guards from Denver's scream and surrounds us within seconds. Literally none of us even bat an eye from the overwhelming response though, there's no reason for this to turn deadly. It's not like any of them could even do anything anyways, I singlehandedly could turn this place into a bloodbath...

"You can all stand dow-, screw it, you can all fuck off as well..."

The guards do immediately as asked by the kid not giving any complaints to the leader shaking them off. I think he's a little annoyed that we were so easily able to infiltrate his throne room but there's not much anyone can do against a literal TP ability though.

"...Erm... when I gave the invitation, I didn't expect you to arrive this quickly. How did you even do that?"

At least the kid is able to regain his composure pretty quickly but I'd rather not give him that information just yet. He owes us some information first before we start sharing secrets. Thankfully, Petra's perfect at distraction tactics.

"Heh, still cute as always kid, you keep getting bigger everyday"

"Your tactics won't work again like last time Petra... but thanks for the compliment anyways. I won't bother asking if you plan to change the topic then"

The kid goes out of the main cave into a tunnel while drying his hair with a towel quickly, then makes his way back into it now actually wearing something a little more appropriate. His hair is still really wet though.

Waiting for him to make himself comfortable on his throne, I'm the first to start the questioning barrage we have lined up for the leader so he better give us what we want to know.

"Now, you have some answers for us kid, and we want to know everything, don't be hiding shit from us"

"Must you still refer to me as kid as well Ikarus?"

"Then give me a different name, other than Denver because we all know there's something fishy about who you are. You knew about the volcano and even set it off, apparently only Gods have such an ability"

Judging from the kid's slight reaction, clearly my bluff just worked there. My father did say only a God would be able to mess with it and judging by his reaction, the old lizard may be right.

"Fine then, I guess things have now hit a point where it's unavoidable... does the name Hephaestus mean anything to you?"

"Wait, you're the blacksmith God? The fuck? That makes so much sense!"

Of course, I'm the only one who seems to know anything about Greek mythology so everyone else just looks clueless from this huge reveal that no one had any clue on... It actually pisses me off a little that I didn't get this earlier, of course it would be the God associated with volcanos that sets one off! He's a master smith as well, of course he'd be related to the dwarfs. Okay, I feel dense not noticing this sooner...