Chapter 52 - Approval

<Wow! That's so interesting!>

<Good to know little one>

Mother really does like hearing my stories I guess, father still seems interested but it's clear not as much, I can definitely tell who I take after boredom wise.

All of us are now properly inside the cave with me and Petra sitting inside the nest while my parents are obviously laying down once again, Minos is still out hunting it seems, he's probably having the time of his life right about now.

As for what I said, I basically just went into quick details on how we met, what we've been through and all that type of stuff. I've purposely left out things regarding the empire, I'm still unsure how much to actually want to reveal but I still need to give them good warning.

<Little phoenix, who were your parents if you don't mind me asking?>

I guess even father has questions, I'm slightly also interested in this and Petra seems willing to answer.

"My mother's name was Zeldermir and for my father, never knew him"

Father takes a second to pause after Petra's response, it seems he's thinking on something.

<Darling, do we know that dragon?>

<I'm a little confused as well, she sounds familiar but at the same time, not>

Both my parents are confused on who Zeldermir is then, all I know is that she apparently knew a prophecy that predicts that I'll cause the world to end but with the amount of vagueness, it could literally mean anything.

It could just be their memories playing up, they are extremely old with father basically being a dinosaur.

"It matters little anyway, she passed away a long time ago, over five hundred years now"

Petra's seems fine talking about it, I'm guessing she didn't have the best relationship with her mother then. Father seems to have realized something now though.

<Wait, your mother was that dragon? Black in colour and a prophet, correct?>

"Correct"

<You remember her Dermak?>

<We only met once or twice, don't take this the wrong way little phoenix but your mother was a complete bitch>

<Dermakvar!>

Mother rightly whacks father on the back of the head, he deserves that for calling someone's mother a bitch. He seems to dislike everyone so it's not surprising that he dislikes someone else. Petra has a complete unexpected response that surprises all of us though.

"Heh, she was a little on the nasty side, think you're being a bit kind"

Damn, did Petra hate her mother then? Let's not press too much on that then.

<Little one, make sure you never let this little phoenix go, she actually has a sense of humour unlike some people>

<She's probably was just being polite Dermakvar, you are extremely insensitive at times>

<Maybe, but I still like her regardless>

At least father approves of her, think mother wouldn't care who I brought back though. Although, she did say something about mating which seemed weird but I don't want to bring that up again.

Petra seems to have a happy smile from everything being spoken about, I guess she's finding my parents slightly funny to be around. I'm guessing that's a good thing then.