Chapter 141.5 - Empire's Update (Announcement)

---I've finally embraced the dark side and decided to do the evil author thing of advanced chapters over on Patreon. I purposely won't mention it too much other than link it once or twice a volume. I know this sort of thing can be a little annoying if it keeps getting brought up (Link is at bottom of page).

---As for this 0.5 chapter itself, a bit shorter than the usual hence why it's not a full one. I'll probably do something like this at the start of every volume, call it something like 'Tales from the Empire/anything else'.

__________

(Temporary Perspective Change)

(Esmerelda) "Could thou pass me my glass?"

(Nathan) "Y-Yes ma'am!"

(Desmond) "For the love of the Gods Nathan! She's no longer in dragon form so stop that incessant stutter of yours!"

"E-Empress isn't the reason y-your majesty. I d-didn't think I'd be meeting M-Mr Dermakvar again"

"Hmph, you really are a terrified little mortal. If I meant to eat you, I would've done that when you saved little one years ago"

"Cu?"

"No littlest one, you can't eat him either"

After fending off the invasion, me and Nathan, the empire's most trusted advisers are currently in the war room again with the leaders and two additional hidden dragons right this moment. I'm obviously being sarcastic about the adviser thing but we are heavily favoured after all, it's a shame Nathan still can't speak around dragons, even hidden dragons no less.

Should we really be having this kid inside this place? What am I saying, of course it's okay. That smaller brown dragon was a right little danger towards the demons when the invasion was in full force, he does seem pretty shy and keeps using cu when around us humans though.

He kinda reminds me of Desmond when he was young, albeit much cuter and a hell of a lot more violent. I've seen firsthand what him and his father can do to a bunch of demons and boy, they don't disappoint. It's a bloody good thing we're no longer pursuing them like with the old empire.

The war room has seen better days at this point but this is really the first time we've had a break since the invasion. Dermakvar in particular wanted a breather before heading back home to his cave so he's been an important guest for a bit. Considering he apparently despises this form; he doesn't look all that concerned right now having Minos sitting on his lap.

"Jekyll, are even paying attention right now? Give me a recap again so I know what we've got to do"

"I'm listening, just rather not to get involved when you're playing games. As for an update, we've lost considerable parts of the city Emperor Desmond but if you want honesty... we've come out of this exceptionally well compared to other places. Having three dragons in the vicinity obviously helped massively"

I've heard reports from other places mostly within the empire that didn't fare as well from the day long invasion and even more sightings of the rare dragon popping up around the place to assist us mortals. If the enemy didn't disappear without a even a trace, things could've been pretty dicey.

Ah, forgot about that. Esmerelda herself made a public appearance in her true form during that battle and the population is in an uproar right now. I say that as it's a good thing, the idea of having mythical creatures protecting citizens is something everyone has been a huge fan of. Even the hidden remaining rebels in the east have either started to surrender or have switched allegiance. They still can't be trusted due to that city needing a complete overhaul from that slavery situation but at least that battle should now be over with no more death for both sides.