Chapter 5 - First Contact

"Get your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty humans!"

Despite me still able to make a movie reference, I'm actually in a really bad situation here.

A dozen or so human soldiers have got me tied down under a rope net. I'm stuck because I can't cut through this net with my talons from my current position. I've already done it once before but I was on the other side of it last time.

"Stop struggling, you stupid bird! The mage put a spell on the net"

"It's no use, calm down"

Two of the soldiers are right alongside me trying to calm me down and stop me thrashing about, clearly, it's not working.

"Let me outtttttt!"

"Is the knockout potion ready yet?"

Another soldier runs over and passes one of them a small glass bottle.

"Here it is, sir"

"Get that shit away from me or you'll regret it!"

You're probably wondering how I got here? Well... it all started just before my first birthday.

__________

"The power of Christ compels you!"

"Cu!"

"The power of Christ compels you!"

"Cuuuu!"

<Just what are you doing, little ones?>

I'm messing around with Minos at the moment flapping my wings at him and he seems to like it, Mother and father are just off to the side of the cave.

"I'm boreddddd. Feel like I've done nothing for years"

Obviously, I'm exaggerating, just went hunting and ate dinner an hour ago.

<That reminds me little one, you'll be turning one tomorrow>

<Do you want anything as a gift Ikarus?>

A gift? Do dragons have such need for things? Didn't expect them to do birthdays seeing how long they live.

"Do dragons actually celebrate birthdays then?"

<No, except for certain years. Your mother convinced me that one counts>

<Stop being grumpy Dermak, just because you never celebrated anything doesn't mean our children should follow>

<Hmph>

The male dragon folds his arms and looks like he's sulking.

<So, Ikarus, a gift?>

"Hmmmm..."

I'm not sure what I really want though. The only thing I can think of doing is levelling up more but having a large dragon with me scares most prey away. Me and Minos are allowed to hunt on our own but we're not allowed very far away from the cave. Thinking about it, there's an idea.

"...What about being allowed to go hunt further away from the cave?"

"CU!!"

Minos, this isn't a gift for you, stop getting exited. Wait for your birthday.

<You mean alone Ikarus? I still think you and Minos are still too young>

Now that he's finished sulking, father joins back into the conversation.

<You still worry too much darling. There's nothing in this forest or mountain range that could hurt our little ones. If they go too far away, we can track their scents>