Chapter 91 - Work Preparations

So now... it's time to move on, spent enough time with my parents and it's not exactly like we're going too far away, at full speed I could probably do the trip in half a week, maybe even quicker with my stamina upgrade but that would be pretty exhausting. It also feels good to have ONLY Petra up on my back once again, even if we've done this a few times after doing our little empire clean up. Look... anything I say is just going to make me sound weird so I'll just leave it alone for now, I definitely prefer her over anyone else being on my back and I really don't know why that's a thing, being 'ridden' so to speak isn't something I should lik-... I don't like it though! Urgh, forget it.

Anyways, guess where we're going next? It shouldn't be that hard seeing that I've been bringing up that gold mine every now and then, I've gone off monetary gain a bit but it couldn't hurt to set up my own source of income so I don't always have to rely on my parents' wealth forever, even if I could never realistically get through it all. Also, it's just a nice way of passing the time setting up a goal that could lead to a lot and needs a bit of work put into it.

Of course, Petra can have half of everything but she's telling me it's all mine and that she'll help regardless, no point in having money discussions with her so I'll just get Aesa to half everything we get from it and keep that separate in storage so if she ever needs it. Petra will probably never use it but even then, it's still there.

Oh, that might not work, also could do with building a vault or a fort to store all my gold in, there is a weight limit in my storage after all, even if I've only ever come close to it once. Carrying around tons of gold isn't practical as much as I'd love to do it.

The thing is, what am I going to do with all that wealth after? That mine in the dungeon was huge, so much gold for the taking that spending it would prove troublesome, it would be wasteful just sitting there like my parents' nest. I'm getting a little ahead of myself though, it's a plan that requires some buildup and work beforehand, need to find some people to mine, smelt and then sell the gold to first.

Think trading will be pretty simple, I'm guessing the dwarfs will be willing to buy loads of it, it sounds like they use gold in their filtration systems but that was just something I remember hearing in the background at a bar. Also, it's freaking gold! It's like the main thing currency revolves around in this world, the only thing more expensive is platinum when it comes to actual crafted coins but they're too rare to even be practical.

That's only on the trade side of things though, there's the whole issue about everything else so I'm going to start slow, then build our way up, always have Petra to help as well. The first plan is to get miners who are willing to work, that hot springs settlement is the only civilization on the three islands so there must be people willing to work there, just need to promise good wages and hopefully that works... things are never that simple though.

Then... I guess I'll just have to wing it, need some blacksmiths constantly working once we have the ore in our hands... huh, I wonder if that Garry the gnome guy would be willing to relocate, let's just wait on that until another time though, should be at least a blacksmith or two in town that might be able to provide some advice.

Oh, can't also forget to mention I'm still flying, did say Petra's on my back before all that future planning stuff came up.

"Heh... so Ikarus... how does it feel knowing you hold power comparable to the Gods?"

I'm surprised she's asking that but I think it's a little funny to be honest, why? After we left, I thought it might be a good idea to show her that stupid hole I made, I don't know why but maybe I'm prideful about it? I mean, I literally did that! I guess the more I think about it, the happier it makes me even if I can't really be using that consistently. Petra's reaction to the whole thing was of slight shock at first seeing the crater that lasted for miles, then she very quickly turned it into a joke again.