chapter 05: The Wu Clan

The Wu Clan was known as a great family of Yin Yang Master for generations. The clan had developed into countless branches for thousands of years. Wu Ruo’s clan was one of them. Even so, in Gaoling City, Wu Ruo’s clan was still a giant family that not even the city’s first-class family could compare with it.

It was a messy era that monsters, demons, and ghosts prevailed, also a time that different masters from different sects competed. Therefore, every child from the Wu clan would be sent to their family school to learn skills of Yin and Yang since they turned three. They had to learn astrology, physiognomy, Fengshui, calamity, divination, sacrificial rites, calendar, witching, runes and spells, formations and sanctuaries, enchantment and manipulation of spirits, illusion, and soul of language.

It was impossible to master every skill of all. Therefore some of them majored in divination, some in runes and spells, or formations and sanctuaries, or soul of language, or manipulation of spirits, or illusion. Except for the foremost ancestor of the Wu Clan, there had been no one who mastered every skill. Even Wu Chenzi, who was respected as the state master by the emperor, lacked certain skills.

After lunch, Wu Zhu and Wu Xi rested for an hour and then were rushed by Wu Ruo to go to school. Because they would be left behind even if they missed out half a day study. Wu Ruo could ask them to come back when Hei Xuanyi came.

Soon after Wu Zhu left, Wu Qianjing, Wu Ruo’s eldest uncle sent a message to him that they had cancled the tradition that the newly-weds should serve tea to relatives and introduce Hei Xuanyi to the family members, just because they didn’t want to embarrass Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo sneered in mind. They were lying.

In last life, when Wu Qianjing delivered such a message, his parents and himself were grateful to his uncles’ considerate thoughts in his favor. But later he found out that Wu Qianjing didn’t know who Hei Xuanyi really was. They thought he was just a disgraceful son of the Hei Clan. That was why Wu Chenzi married someone from one branch of the Wu Clan to him. he didn’t want to waste time on a nobody.

But back then, he didn’t care that much. Of course, he didn’t pay attention to Wu Qianjing’s snobbery behavior.

Thinking of Wu Chenzi, Wu Ruo’s eyes got cold.

Wu Chenzi’s father arranged an engagement with the Hei Clan to return the life-saving favor. However, Wu Chenzi, the state master, of course was possible to marry someone to Hei Clan who cultivated black magic. Because it would be a shame for him, but also ruin his reputation. Besides, Wu Chenzi’s granddaughters didn’t like Hei Xuanyi. Wu Chenzi hence ordered Wu’s branches to take care of it.

Wu Bufang, the head of Wu branch, also Wu Ruo’s great grandfather, took the mission in order to gain Wu Chenzi’s attention. Then he arranged an important girl to marry Hei Xuanyi. Unexpectedly, Hei Xuanyi said that he only liked men. He was not into women.

Without hesitation, Wu Bufang arranged Wu Ruo to marry him.

When Wu Qianqing was told that his son was about to marry a man, he strongly objected. But Wu Bufang threatened him with Wu Zhu and Wu Xi’s future. Wu Ruo had to accept the marriage.

When Wu Ruo thought of this, the guard reported, “master, master Ruo’s husband is here.”