chapter 107: The Wu Brothers' Ending (1)

Wu Ruo got on the carriage directly after he came out of the class. The carriage stopped sudden on the way back to Hei mansion and Shijiu who was driving said to Wu Ruo, “Ma’am, I saw Wu Da and Wu Xiao.”

For a moment, Wu Ruo couldn’t remember who they were. Until he heard some noise outside, he came to senses, brushed open the curtain and looked outside.

Wu Da and Wu Xiao were being thrown out of a restaurant by the shopkeeper.

“Go away! You are fired!” The shopkeeper held a broom against Wu Xiao who was trying to get back into the restaurant.

“Fine if you want us to go but on one condition. You have to pay our ten days’ wages.” Wu Da said angrily.

Since they were caught by Wu Zhu that they were bought by Wu Yu, they had no guts to go back to Wu family to work. Therefore, they had to find other jobs outside to support their families.

“How dare you mention wages?” The shopkeeper was even more furious, “for just only ten days that you’ve been working here, you have broken a pile of plates, bowls and other dishware. You are terrible waiters. Not only drop the dishes but also offend the customers. I am already kind enough not to ask you to compensate my loss. But I didn’t expect that you are asking me to pay you salary. Shame on you!“

He threw the bloom at them, “Go way! Otherwise I will call the sheriff. You will have to pay for my dishware.”

On hearing the words of paying money, Wu Da spat at him and left with Wu Xiao.

“What an asshole!” The shopkeeper shouted as he cleaned the spit.

“They are having a tough time lately.” Shiyuan whispered to Wu Ruo as the brothers went away.

Liu Xiaoru and Chen Xi’er pretended to be sweet and caring wives who finally allured the brothers to spend all their savings after they were married. After that, they started to have fights once in a while and then more often, basically every day. Every day was a great pain, in addition to those house chores that bothered the brothers.

Wu Ruo sneered.

Wu Da and Wu Xiao had served him since they were 12 or 13 years old. They were given the family name Wu to honor them. They even didn’t have to do labor works except for waiting on Wu Ruo. Other servants had done laundry for them. There had been no one who would point fingers at them. They had basically lived like a master for more than ten years. How could they tolerate to wait on tables in a restaurant and to be treated like shit by customers!

“Ma’am, should we follow them?”

“No need. Their good lives are over.” Wu Ruo said faintly.

Shiyuan started the carriage and they left.

As the Wu brothers were so frustrated that they even did not notice that Wu Ruo, Siyuan and others were staring at them in the carriage. On their way home, an old woman came over, spluttering, “Your wives are way over the line. This morning I told them that I need your brother’s betrothal presents and your sister’s dowry. They told me that they had no money. I said I need my monthly allowance, they said there is no money. Am I still a mother-in-law in their eyes?”

Wu Da and Wu Xiao were even angrier because not only they lost their jobs but also their mother asked money from them with that kind of attitude.

They splashed most of their savings for the wedding to impress their future father-in-law, including the betrothal presents, wedding ceremony and jewelry for their wives. Now they had no much left. In their plans, they could make more money after they returned to work for Wu family. But Wu Zhu found out that they were bribed by Wu Yu who later beat them for revenge. They regretted to accept Wu Yu’s money. If they didn’t do that, they would be still working for Wu family and having a comfortable life now. They missed the days working for Wu Ruo. However, they couldn’t even get into the Hei mansion. Besides, it was said that Wu Ruo had lost weight and he didn’t need helpers at all.

“Are you listening to me or not?” The old woman didn’t stop at all, “You have to give me every single penny that your brother’s betrothal presents and your sister’s dowry by next month. You’d better mark my words. Now, give me my allowance. I need money for food.”

Her attitude irritated the brothers up to the next level. Does she think it is that easy to make money?

“One more thing. You have been married for a couple of months. Why haven’t neither of your wives gotten pregnant yet? Are there any problems with their body? If there are, go get a doctor. If they had a problem, better find a concubine as soon as possible. And, you should tame them, otherwise they can even climb over my head. Give me money. Hurry up!”

The old woman reached out to them.

Wu Da finally couldn’t hold his anger and roared, “Is there anything else you even care about other than money?”

The woman was shocked by his anger but then yelled back, “I’ve spent my entire life to raise you. Now I just ask for some silver. Is that already a problem to you? Have I ever treated you bad? Now you are yelling at me because I want family allowance. You choose your wife over your own mother. Good for you! I have known that both of your wives are not kind from the beginning. They told you not to give me money, didn’t they? I knew it! Your hearts are already hooked by those vixens.”

“Enough!” Wu Xiao yelled, then turned around and left.

So did Wu Da.