chapter 29: The Drama

In last life, after Wu Anrun was given middle name as a reward of succeeding in training, he had become arrogant and proud, and also had had a lot of requirements on his future wife. In his opinion, she had to be born in a good family, beautiful and excellent in cultivation. He, thus, was no satisfied with marrying a girl that he had never seen. Besides, Zhuang Qiurong’s family was smaller than Wu family, which alone was good enough for Wu Anrun disliked her for being his wife.

Later, Wu Anrun was told that Zhuang Qiurong was ugly and further confirmed that she was tedious-looking after he saw Zhuang’s painting. He then made quite a few reasons to cancel the marriage. Even worse, he had an affair with a girl who met his requirements just to get rid of the marriage.

Wu Anrun’s father had to cancel the engagement with Zhuang family and allowed Wu Anrun to marry the girl Wu Anrun had an affair with. Unfortunately, their marriage was not happy. They argued and fought a lot after they got married.

Half a year later, Wu Chu, the third son from the South Yard, returned from training and was about to marry Zhuang Qiurong in half a year.

Wu Anrun laughed at him once he learned the news. But when he saw Zhuang Qiurong’s breathtaking beauty on Wu Chu’s wedding, he couldn’t regret more. Zhuang Qiurong was beautiful and elegant, like the one he dreamt of. Too bad it meant nothing no matter how bad he regretted because he was the one who canceled the engagement and she had already married his cousin.

However, after Wu Anrun laid an eye at Zhuang Qiurong on the wedding, he couldn’t stop thinking of her since then. He thought of her every day and dreamt of her every night. Eventually one day he said her name in sleep.

His wife had quarrels with him as she heard a woman’s name from his husband, which drove Wu Anrun further away from her and also made him think of the elegant and beautiful Zhuang Qiurong.

One time, Wu Anrun accidentally learned that Wu Chu had known Zhuang Qiurong even before he got engaged with Zhuang and that they even exchanged tokens of promise. It was then he realized that Wu Chu was behind of all of those rumors that Zhuang Qiurong was ugly so that he could cancel the engagement.

Therefore, Wu Anrun confronted Wu Chu, and then they got a big fight. Eventually with Wu Bufang’s interference, they finally stopped fighting.

But what would happen in this life?

Wu Ruo couldn’t wait to what would happen. When he came to senses, they already came to a room on the third floor.

When they opened the door, they could immediately see the stage downstairs, and their booth happened to face the stage.

"The location is good," said Wu Ruo.

Shijiu helped him to sit on a giant chair that Shiyi had already arranged earlier.

Wu Ruo pat the chair next to him excitedly and said to Hei Xuanyi, “sit here.”

Hei Xuanyi sat down and scanned the crowd on the ground floor. He frowned because he didn’t like the crowd.

“Have you come here or hired anyone to the house before?” Wu Ruo asked.

In last life he had never heard that Hei Xuanyi had ever watched drama. He was either alone or somewhere quiet.

“No.”