chapter 111: Yes, It's True (1)

After making accommodation arrangement for Jixi, Wu Ruo went to class immediately.

When he arrived at Wu family, once he came out of the carriage, he saw a lot of strange bugs crawling around the corner by the gate of South Courtyard. But none of the doormen noticed something wrong. But it was not their fault. Normally, people who knew nothing about bugs or worms wouldn’t find them any strange. The reason why he could find out something wrong with these bugs was because he had long beware of Ba Se. As long as he saw a bug or worm, his instinct told him to observe them whether they were bewitched.

Luckily the South Courtyard had done a wonderful defensive system to protect the mansion although the people lived in it were kind of black-hearted. With the protection of magic weapons and formations, those bugs couldn’t crawl in the house.

Wu Ruo was not sure if Wu Xi was still waiting for him but he still went to Shuqing Yard first. The South Courtyard was busier than usual when he passed by. More servants started to work in the yards and lanes. It seemed that those who got injured from the fight against the North Courtyard now got better. The entire South Courtyard started to get back on track.

“Ruo.”

Wu Ruo looked up and saw Wu Qianqing, Guan Tong and Wu Xi walking toward him.

“Ruo, I’ve been waiting for you the entire morning. I thought something happened.” Wu Xi trotted before him and said.

“Sorry I am late. Something unexpected happened this morning. Next time if you don’t see me, you can go to school first. Don’t you ever miss your class because of me. Get it?” Wu Ruo said as he rubbed her hair before the forehead.

“I get it.”

“Mom, dad, where are you going?” Wu Ruo asked Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong.

Wu Xi took the chance and answered right before Wu Qianqing did, “Aunt Ruan invited us to go to Xuanwan Yard. She didn’t say why. But I can tell it shouldn’t be something good. They just want to make a fuss to kill time. I wish they could be sick for longer time.”

In the past, Wu Qianqing would probably have stopped Wu Xi saying mean things about their family. But now he just frowned, listening aside.

“Does she only invite us from Shuqing Yard?”

“No. Everyone in the South Courtyard.”

Wu Ruo could guess what Ruan Lanru was up to.

Guan Tong heaved a sigh.

Because she was afraid of going to Xuanwan Yard. Every time she went there, the old lady would say mean things to her. Although she was used to it, it still hurt her feelings sometimes.

Holding her hands, Wu Qianqing said, “Don’t take whatever my mother says seriously. Just give her responses once in a while.”

He knew it very well that his mother would take any chance to embarrass Guan Tong. He even had quarreled with her over this but it never worked. His mother genuinely didn’t like Guan Tong. There was nothing he could do. Finally they chose not to go to Xuanyuan Yard.

Wu Ruo gave it a look at Guan Tong and squinted.

The reason why his grandmother didn’t like his mother was because his mother was not born in a rich and powerful family and had no spiritual power at all. No matter how hard his mother tried to be good to his grandmother, his grandmother just wouldn’t accept her.

They arrived at Xuanyuan Yard and all others had been already there except for those who went out for work and training. Wu Bai and Wu Shi were sitting on each side of Mu Xiuwan, their grandmother, making her laugh. The others all laughed along with them and it seemed they were having a great time.

However, Mu Xiuwan immediately darkend her face at the sight of Guan Tong and mocked, “I just asked you to come to Xuanwan yard, and you kept me inviting you again and again. People might think I am sending people to invite our ancestors.”

“Sorry we are late because of something unexpected happened on the way here. Sorry for keeping you wait.” Wu Qianqing explained simply.

Guan Tong and the children went forward to greet Mu Xiuwan.

As Mu Xiuwan was going to mock Guan Tong, she was shocked when she laid her eyes on Wu Ruo.

“Are you Ruo?”

She had been told that Wu Ruo turned out to be as beautiful as a fairy after he lost weight. She didn’t believe it at all. But now it was all true as she saw him with her own eyes. Even she couldn’t keep her eyes off his gorgeous face.

That also included Ruan Lanru and other ladies. They had stayed at their own rooms to recover from injuries for quite a long time and they hadn’t seen outside world ever since. But they were told the same thing about Wu Ruo by their children and servants.

“Yes, it’s me. Grandma.” Wu Ruo answered bluntly.

He had never liked his grandmother even in last life because she always wore a serious face to stress her dignity. She loved those who obeyed to her. And she had been very partial. For those juniors she did not like her, she would already be picky, while for those she favored, she would show her smile.