chapter 66: Got Pricked by a Needle (2)

Wu Ruo took his time to enjoy the tea. He was not so desperate for his answer.

“Can you help me mix in his team?” Ling Mohan asked. 

Wu Ruo didn’t answer him.

Ling Mohan was observant to get the hint, “is there anything else I can do for you?”

“If you are really the crown prince, come here.” Wu Ruo’s lips curved.

Ling Mohan hesitated but still approached. Wu Ruo whispered into his ear.

“Are you sure about that?” Ling Mohan confirmed in surprise.

Wu Ruo smiled and didn’t say a word.

Ling Mohan then asked. “May I know your name?”

Wu Ruo gave him a faint look, “My name is Wu Ruo. You stay here for two more days and I will find a chance to slip you into Wu Yanlan’s team.”

“Thank you for everything.” Ling Mohan turned around and left the hall.

All of sudden, a big bang sounded outside. Then Hei Xin cried anxiously, “Little master, the roof is about to collapse. Get out of there.”

“…” Wu Ruo.

He doubted that the entire mansion would be ruined by the kid giving him a month.

“Ma’am, the little master is so energetic.” Shiyi couldn’t help smiling.

Wu Ruo rolled his eyes.

The kid was way too over-energetic.

By dinner time, the kid finally got exhausted and fell asleep on Hei Xin’s shoulder.

Wu Ruo and Numu swallowed their lectures as they saw the kid was sleeping like an angel.

“He sleeps like an angel, but when he is awake, he is a total monster. Your future life is not going to be easy.”

Hei Xuanyi had a look at the kid and continued to dig in as though he didn’t hear what Numu said.

“You are going to spoil him. If you don’t teach him well, you will suffer in the future.” Numu complained.

“Master shifu, I wish I can train him well, but look at my body.” Wu Ruo said helplessly, “it’s already hard enough for me to hold him, not to mention to catch him and teach him a lesson.”

Numu thought it reasonable, “You have taken herbal baths for an entire month. It’s time to force the worm out of your body. Hei boy, tomorrow I will teach you to do it.”

“Mm.” Hei Xuanyi answered. He continued to make magical weapons after dinner.

Wu Ruo went to take his herbal bath and directly tucked himself in bed after it, “Shijiu, I told you to prepare things this morning. How is it going?”

“Everything is ready.” Shijiu took out a black wallet that had been soaked in monster blood, one red thread that was made from demon’s thin tendon and a need that was made of precious materials, and finally a brush pen that was made from evil beast hair and blood cinnabar.

“Very good. Everything is ready. Off you go. I can take it from here.” Wu Ruo nodded with contentness.

“Yes.” Shijiu placed a piece of clean white cloth next to Wu Ruo and put all items on it before he left.

Wu Ruo put the black wallet on the right side of his body, and picked up the brush pen to dip it into the blood cinnabar. Then he drew runes and formation patterns on both sides of the wallet. His fingers were too fat to hold the brush pen too well, the drawing was not fluent enough, but acceptable.

When the blood cinnabar dried enough, he picked up the red thread and needle. The pinhole was too small and his arm couldn’t bend over easily. It took him a lot of effort to put the thread through.

“Whoo!” Wu Ruo exhaled and wiped the sweat on his forehead, “I should have had Shijiu put the thread through the needle first.”

He took a break and picked up the black wallet and needle up.

When he was about to sew the wallet, the door was pushed open and someone walked into the bedroom.

Through the hollowed screen, he saw Hei Xuanyi coming in. In a hurry, he slipped the wallet into the quilt and wrapped the rest with the white cloth and hid them at the corner by his pillow. Then he smiled to Hei Xuanyi, “you are back.”

Hei Xuanyi saw whatever he was doing and frowned.

“It’s late. I am going to sleep.” Wu Ruo tucked in the quilt with guilt. Suddenly, his butt seemed to be pricked by a needle.

“Ouch…” He groaned out of pain.

Damn it! His butt must be pricked by the needle in the wallet.

Wu Ruo tried to reach for his back but couldn’t manage it because he was too fat.

Hei Xuanyi took off his robe and lied down on the bed. He was confused why Wu Ruo was trying to find something behind the back, “What are you doing?”

“Nothing.” Wu Ruo was so embarrassed to tell that his butt was pricked by a needle.

Hei Xuanyi didn’t buy it because he didn’t look like it at all.

Wu Ruo closed his eyes and pretended to be sleeping.

Hei Xuanyi stared him for a while and finally put out the candle fire and closed his eyes.

When it went dark, Wu Ruo opened his eyes and tried to reach the needle on his butt. He failed again.

Hei Xuanyi couldn’t sleep because he kept moving around. Therefore, he turned over to look at him.

Wu Ruo looked right into his sparkling eyes in the darkness. The only way to get away from the pain was to tell Hei Xuanyi the truth.

“My…My butt is pricked by a needle.” He felt like weeping but had no tears.

He had no choice to ask for his help.

Hei Xuanyi blinked his eyes and couldn’t believe what he heard.

Since he didn’t say a word, Wu Ruo repeated, gritting his teeth, “My butt is pricked by a needle. Please help me.”

“…” Hei Xuanyi.